Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

First ride with my new Mach 5's

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 07:14 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Big Blue24
This could also be a testament to how well the Adrenaline wrings every last drop of fuel out of the VP44 regardless of 100 or 250 hp competition injector.

Tonight I did my 60 to 80 mph 4th gear blast.

Outside Temp 65*
Updated Comp Tune on PL 8
Matted throttle
Max Boost 44psi
Max EGT 1580
Max RPM 3176

Seat of the pants PL 7 pulls just as hard but results in substantially lower EGT. I wonder if I'm at the limit for peak injection quality on PL7. PL8+ might just dribble the fuel at the end of the pulse creating extended burn well into the exhaust stroke thus higher EGTs.
I'm thinking it has to do with the settings I was running. With the fuel stretch on 2200, added to Smarty, min settings on 0. I was hitting it hard with fueling. I'm gonna play with more settings today & see if they work better for me. I'm really impressed with your numbers. My brothers truck killed the stock charger, it couldn't cool him down at stock.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dodgediesel
So happy to hear that they are working good for ya. My buddy who bought my 01' is ****** that I sold them, he wanted them so bad but didn't have the cash at the time...
Ha ha I bet.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Banned

Well, I got to drive the truck today about 60 miles. I ran into a local guy who has a good running import & he came up behind me flying [at the local track ofcourse]. I decided to see what the new injectors had. I turned my Adrenaline to tune 1 which is the settings mentioned above [2200 fuel stretch etc.] I never got my truck out of 4th gear, just held it in 4th & hammered down before coming up on a turn. I checked my data logger when I got home. Very hot injectors!!!!

Speed 96
rpm 4081
EGT 1832
boost 54
Old 11-11-2008, 05:13 PM

Looks like you need more air, cooler air. AKA-bigger turbo. lol
Old 11-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 00BRam
Looks like you need more air, cooler air. AKA-bigger turbo. lol
I tried running it today with the fuel stretch turned down to 1800 & timing 7 & egts didn't go over 1500 at any rpm. Didn't feel as strong either though. I never took Smarty off the truck yet, still stacking it.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:04 PM

I think u are gonna be in the 525hp range with your setup. Getblown5.9 had a silver bullet 66 charger with mach 7s and some ddp 250's and laid down 581 with the mach 7's and like 570 with the ddp's. I think he had the tst comp and smarty at the time. A 64 or 66 charger would help you out a bunch I bet.

Im kinda anxious to see what a redline box will do on these trucks compared to the other boxes and stacks also.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 01smoker
I think u are gonna be in the 525hp range with your setup. Getblown5.9 had a silver bullet 66 charger with mach 7s and some ddp 250's and laid down 581 with the mach 7's and like 570 with the ddp's. I think he had the tst comp and smarty at the time. A 64 or 66 charger would help you out a bunch I bet.

Im kinda anxious to see what a redline box will do on these trucks compared to the other boxes and stacks also.
I started installing the redline this evening. I just gotta hook it up to the APPS & pump in the morning & I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow. My camera is getting repaired & I'm hoping to do some comparisons with video soon.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:33 PM

i cant believe some of the egt numbers you guys are seein, i ran a duramax one night and seen egts at 1800 and 3600rpm, but thats probably because of the stock turbo.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tingram
i cant believe some of the egt numbers you guys are seein, i ran a duramax one night and seen egts at 1800 and 3600rpm, but thats probably because of the stock turbo.
Yeah, stock turbos get hot fast.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:20 AM

Just for a comparison, tonight I put the Adrenaline back in and with the comp tune on level 10 on the way home I had a Duramax tailing me so I couldn't resist. A good pull in 5th gave me

Speed 110
rpm 3300
EGT 1350
boost 54
backdown 65%

Had the defueling set to 55psi and the truck was defueling bad I think I need to adjust my wastegate I don't know what it would climb to but it gets up there pretty fast. I really don't feel like doing another headgasket yet.

For an comparison to the Edge/Juice on level 6 to to the comp tune on level 10, the Adr. isn't alot more powerful but you can feel a difference. The biggest difference is that the Adr. seems to keep fueling were the edge seems to stop around 3000rpm. I have to be careful in second when you get on it and it climbs to 2000rpm then almost instantly your at 3500rpm. Way to much torque on the driveline.

I will have to try your custom tuning next and see how that works.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:00 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigd450
Just for a comparison, tonight I put the Adrenaline back in and with the comp tune on level 10 on the way home I had a Duramax tailing me so I couldn't resist. A good pull in 5th gave me

Speed 110
rpm 3300
EGT 1350
boost 54
backdown 65%

Had the defueling set to 55psi and the truck was defueling bad I think I need to adjust my wastegate I don't know what it would climb to but it gets up there pretty fast. I really don't feel like doing another headgasket yet.

For an comparison to the Edge/Juice on level 6 to to the comp tune on level 10, the Adr. isn't alot more powerful but you can feel a difference. The biggest difference is that the Adr. seems to keep fueling were the edge seems to stop around 3000rpm. I have to be careful in second when you get on it and it climbs to 2000rpm then almost instantly your at 3500rpm. Way to much torque on the driveline.

Try those custom settings, unreal how hard it pulls.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:10 PM
The Guru

Time to put in some bigger sticks. Its go big or go home. 5's and 6's are nice city drivers haulers. If you truck is set-up right, you should only get a small haze on intial spool-up and some hazing at wot. Of course you need air. I can only pull around 1300 to 1400 with mine smallish sticks. The DDP's 250 are bigger and make more smoke/egt's and power but very streetable. The most my truck put down on a dyno was 677rwhp run at PDR, of course with a fresh SO VP under the hood. Of course a cam and ported o-ring head will help with egt's, and top end power.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:14 PM

Speed 110
rpm 3300
EGT 1350
boost 54
backdown 65%

I still made the most power with the edge comp drag/Smarty #8 stack versus the Adrenaline. I really wish I could have tried the Adrenaline with my Mach 4's before I sold my 01' because I KNOW the Adrenaline was a way more aggressive box and cooler too. Man I miss that truck and Adrenaline...
Anyways, the Macher's are the ticket baby!!!
Old 11-18-2008, 10:57 PM

Yeah I wont be selling my Edge yet but this Adrenaline sure has alot more midrange power it spools the turbo alot easier, and I love the high idle. But I think I need to adjust my waste gate I am hitting over 50psi on level 5, I wish I knew what I was getting with the Edge but it stopped reading at 45psi.

Sorry it seems like I am hijacking this thread but I guess we all got sorta similar setups so I hope it's all relevant.

JLent do you get any turbo surge? It seems like I either need to accelerate slowly or WOT if I get on it alittle and then off a bit I start getting wicked turbo surging.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:56 AM
Banned

Yeah I wont be selling my Edge yet but this Adrenaline sure has alot more midrange power it spools the turbo alot easier, and I love the high idle. But I think I need to adjust my waste gate I am hitting over 50psi on level 5, I wish I knew what I was getting with the Edge but it stopped reading at 45psi.

Sorry it seems like I am hijacking this thread but I guess we all got sorta similar setups so I hope it's all relevant.

JLent do you get any turbo surge? It seems like I either need to accelerate slowly or WOT if I get on it alittle and then off a bit I start getting wicked turbo surging.
Only if I get out of the fuel too hard or try pulling a hill from no boost & part throttle. It never did that with my old Dragon flies though.

Quick Reply: First ride with my new Mach 5's