Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Finally some new stix

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally some new stix

Well I finally got around to installing the Jammer II's I got from Rip. I actually didn't have to do much more than stupidvise as I did some horse trading for the work. When I stop and reflect I guess everything actually went pretty smooth even if it didn't seem like it at the time. Getting the valve cover off can surely be a PITA, and coaxing the stock stix into comming out of the holes they have been in for 114K can be challenging (finally figured out how to turn them back and fourth to get the o-rings and carbon deposits to let loose). I did find a little oil down in the intake that I was not impressed with so it is kind of looking like I might need to put new seals in the turbo. It wasn't to terribly bad though so we buttoned things back up and pretended like we didnt see it.

Beyond that I am very happy. I am glad I listend to Rip and only went with Stage II's instead of the III's or IV's that I wanted. With the Smarty on 9 and the pressure box hooked up things can get toasty real quick. When things start to get icy or even a little wet around here I'm afraid the Smarty is going to have to either be turned way back or maybe come out all together. I also installed one of those adjustable boost elbows that I got from Bob W. ; and it's a dang good thing I did. With the elbow closed off I touched 40 PSI so we backed it off to where I only see about 32 WOT and pulling hard. I might consider playing with that a little more but 32 seems about right. With the extra fuel that poor little HX35 probably isn't going to last long. It all fine and dandy if you have time to ease out of the fuel but if you just pick your foot up it barks like a cracked out chihuahua.
Now that I finally got that out of the way I can install my stacks and put my new and improved CB back in the rig.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:51 PM
Chapter President

Awesome, It will time for a new turbo before you know it.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:00 PM

Congrats on the new sticks! I just put my mass diesel 150hp sticks in almost 2 weeks ago and I LOVE those suckers!
Old 10-31-2006, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by SuperDave4x4
Congrats on the new sticks! I just put my mass diesel 150hp sticks in almost 2 weeks ago and I LOVE those suckers!
How do you keep your EGT's in check with those big stix? I mean I undestand the EDM's keep things a little cooler but is it really that drastic of a difference? At WOT I see 1400 real quick and dang near 1600 one time before I glanced at the gauges. (I know I know I need to pay better attention to what I am doing)
Old 10-31-2006, 03:23 PM

Well just running around town I leave the box on 3x5 and my EGTs are fine. At WOT with the box on the same setting I can peg the pyro with NO problem. I just don't let it stay that hot for long at all. To tell you the truth I haven't even cut the box down to 1x1 to see what happens yet, I just leave it on 3x5. I'm getting a new turbo here in the next few months so I wanted an injector that I can grow in to.

But I will say this, I can send some soot flying!!
Old 10-31-2006, 10:52 PM

I'd leave it it at 32. Max is around 34 for a hx35.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:58 AM

Yea - - I was meaning to say I would consider turning it down a little more - - not up. I still get a nasty bark if I'm not careful!!