Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Finally, I ordered my DTT tranny Last Night!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Finally, I ordered my DTT tranny Last Night!!!

alpine, i could put in a Transgo shift kit to help even more, but it can only go so far. the line pressures can't go up anymore, but converter clutch apply pressure can go up with the shift kit. better shifts would help too. i feel at this point that it's not really worth it to put a shift kit in. i will just ride it out now. 300injectors are poking at me though, but i'll have to resist.<br><br>btw, i will be getting the DTT from Mass Diesel. i don't know what parts (billet shafts maybe to expensive, etc.). i like scott's work and i trust that it'll be done right.<br><br>Tom
Old 06-08-2003, 01:52 PM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts

Well, I actually thought about just putting in a VB that you can reuse when you go for the full setup. This way you'd have the greater apply pressures and the firmer shifts now, and maybe save some of the clutches from slipping. I'd talk to Massdiesel about it. <br>You are right not to up the line pressures too much because you could blow some internal seals.<br><br>AlpineRAM
Old 06-09-2003, 07:18 AM

I sure hope it works good you guys have me paranoid about smoke and lag now! I wonder what TQ I am getting?
Old 06-09-2003, 11:19 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jamie,<br><br>Since you currently have the Suncoast TQ convertor....you are not going to notice any additional smoke levels than you have now Both convertors do the same thing or use about the same stall speed over the stock stuff that Dodge gives you. Of course IMO the DTT is the better choice. Not a knock on Suncoast. I have heard a ton of great stuff from them and their products. I happen to like the practices of Bill and crew at DTT. <br>Once you moved to a larger turbo like the HX40 over your little wee bity 35, the lag will of course increase...this helps explain your smoke at low boost and the extra smoke you get when you mat the pedal and have to wait longer for the boost to build. Larger turbos just take longer to spool, but most guys love the extra &quot;pop&quot; you get from them on the big end.<br><br>Coupled with the better convertor that does stall lower than the stock unit the smoke goes up some.....but since you are already there with the Suncoast...your not going to notice anymore than before. <br><br>I suggest the 89 convertor for your truck. Few people need a 91 or even the 93.<br><br>Don~<br><br>
Old 06-09-2003, 11:27 AM

[quote author=Jamie Attridge link=board=7;threadid=15497;start=45#147290 date=1055161130]<br>I sure hope it works good you guys have me paranoid about smoke and lag now! I wonder what TQ I am getting?<br>[/quote]<br><br>Don't be paranoid, I was just warning you its something that you will notice.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:28 AM

[quote author=Don M link=board=7;threadid=15497;start=45#147371 date=1055175555]
Few people need a 91 or even the 93.[/quote]

I [glow=blue, 3, 300]need[/glow] my 93!!
Old 06-09-2003, 11:36 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

;D
Old 06-09-2003, 11:38 AM

Its an 89% I called and asked! Thats cool. Well its there now just got back from dropping my baby off its about 1 hour drive from the office. Im not to sure on this guy but I hope it comes out Ok. The shop wasn't as tidy as I had hoped.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:41 AM

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you <br><br>Good Luck!<br><br>AlpineRAM
Old 06-09-2003, 12:05 PM

The guy seemed knowledgeable and if Bill Oky'd him Im sure he's qualified.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:08 PM

I can only say that the products and the support I got from Bill were second to none. I would have liked to bring it to a certified installer but you know my location. <br><br>Anyways- when you drive it home, try not to confuse the oncoming trafic with that mad grin on your face ;D<br><br>AlpineRAM<br><br>ps.<br><br>R.I.P rear tires....
Old 06-09-2003, 12:25 PM

Thanks alpine you have bestowed confidence in me!
Old 06-09-2003, 07:46 PM

Don't be paranoid Jamie. Mines a 89% and my mods are similar to yours,(I have the 35 instead of the 40) Lag is minimal from start and it will really crank from about 12-1400 and up. Not sure what gears you have, I've got 4:10's. Anyway the first time you hear the shreak from your tires on the 1-2 shift you will be grinning to much to care about anything else ;D (you ought to hear it in 4wd!)<br>Tim
Old 06-10-2003, 06:45 AM

You really think my 3500 will bust the wheels loose? I'm just having trouble believing that! Anyways Im pretty confident in him and I will post back my opinion when its all said and done. All the parts were there yesterday when I did the drop off and it was very nice stuff very nice finish and overall high quality looking product. I just hope it pulls like mad through the gears.
Old 06-10-2003, 01:12 PM

Jamie -<br><br>I have an ATS trans with a 93% TQ..I run 33x12.50 tires..Mine will blaze away doing a breakstand, but a 1-2 shift chirp is all I get. The TQ hooks up so quick and hard, it almost feels like something is holding it back. But don't fret, its just that most all of the power is getting to the ground, and since there is minimal loss thru the trans, it doesn't rev as quick. It takes some getting used to. Lesser transmissions allow for slippage, creating a quicker revving engine that seems like it is faster, but their dissapating power thru the trans. When it is all harnessed by a good TQ, it takes a little longer to get the mass going. Its actually faster, though it feels slower. Like it is tight. So don't be surprised if this is how yours feels. The other poster, (sorry, I didn't note the name) is correct in telling you this.

Quick Reply: Finally, I ordered my DTT tranny Last Night!!!