Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Finally got my gauges....

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 01:46 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got my gauges....

stopped by DPPI( in the links I found here at DTR) and picked up my dash pod, 3 gauge, got my tubing kit for my boost and fuel pressure. Also got the banjo bolt, isolator, ready made hose for the injection pump mount. One thing I bought was a boost bolt. Have you guys seen this? Remove one of the valve cover bolts at the intake horn and put this bolt in and put on your boost hose and BAM! You have boost. No drilling, tapping, quick and easy. They said that they sold one to a guy a few weeks ago and it worked fine, as they have not heard anything bad back from the customer about it. Still not exactly sure which bolt it is that I have to remove, but I assume that it is a thru hole to the intake passage. Anyone know for sure? Has anyone seen this boost bolt? Gonna try and mess around with it tomorrow night and see how far I can get. Got the Dipricol gauges, they are sweet looking! Still have to get my pyro, but funds only allowed the fuel/boost at this time.

Will go back to Diesel Performance Parts for the pyro, great help and a good customer experience. Thanks DPPI !!!

Shawn
Old 05-09-2006, 01:59 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, the boost bolt is cool. Makes that part of the install a snap.
You'll wish they had a "EGT Bolt"!
Old 05-09-2006, 05:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by P.J
Yeah, the boost bolt is cool. Makes that part of the install a snap.
You'll wish they had a "EGT Bolt"!
Drilling and tapping the hole aint bad. Scary before hand, but it was an easy job...
Old 05-10-2006, 08:16 AM
Chapter President

I'll save the drilling and blasting for the exhaust manifold But about the boost bolt, which hole is it exactly? Bueller, Beuller??
Old 05-10-2006, 08:20 AM
P.J
Banned

http://www.dieselpage.com/gibdl.htm

Back there, on the right hand side mid way or so.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:44 AM

where did you get the banjo bolt? i went on there site and couldn't find it. thaks, Bill
Old 05-10-2006, 09:52 AM
Chapter President

Bill,

I work in Nashville and they store is about 10 minutes from me, so it was easier to just go over and talk to them about what I wanted, plus seeing the actual parts and asking questions while I'm there is a big help. We went back into the wharehouse and I told them I wanted the Fuel pressure and boost gauge and he said, " we had this hose made up and it goes in the isolator and this end goes at the injection pump, and we have this banjo bolt that adapts it".

Pretty much talked me into it, but set me up with everything I needed to do a quick install, with no runs to the parts store/hardware store which is about 30 minutes from my house. Email them or call them, they'll take care of ya. They price matched all the stuff I found for cheaper and hooked me up with all the stuff I needed to install. I don't know if they have the banjo bolt listed but I know they stock it and have a whole box of ready made rubber hoses with crimped ends. Give them a call, great help and I will do business with them in the future. Wish they had the Smarty over there.

DPPI 1-866-455-7788

I was in there yesterday, talked to the older guy, skinny....ain't that great with names, but they should remember me. Shawn, guy with the John Deere hat, red Dodge 2500.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:54 AM
P.J
Banned

Originally Posted by jeepthingt75
where did you get the banjo bolt? i went on there site and couldn't find it. thaks, Bill
I don't know that they sell it, just saw a halfway decent pic of the location. When you buy the bolt it will have instructions. Mine is in the very next bolt behind the intake horn, it holds a vertical injector line clamp too.

Here is were you can get the bolt.
http://www.dieselmanor.com/dm_produc...ostfitting.asp
Old 05-11-2006, 02:58 PM
Chapter President

Got the gauges in, well until I can get the pyro it is 2/3's done. The boost bolt was easy, just past the air horn and it does have a injector line under it. Checked the hole and it is straight through to the intake on the head. Got my isolator on, filled the hose with free dexcool.... I did not get all the air out, but I thought I was told or read somewhere that it did not matter if you got all the air out?? The gauge is working, have not drove it yet. It's been in the shop(at work) all day, caddy business been REALLY SLOW past week or two....kinda hard to make money when your working on your stuff just for something to do!!

I'll get some pics in my gallery tonight, the lights were easy. My dimmer switch wire was a tan color and in the bottom corner on the connector. T'd into the wire, grounded it, zip tied everything up. Can't wait to see what the gauges do in the morning and how the lights look!!
Old 05-20-2006, 12:11 AM

thanks dodgeguy71 they hooked me up right away. it came yesterday. made install alot easier. thanks,Bill