Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Finally finished with ISSPRO gauges

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally finished with ISSPRO gauges

Finally finished installing my gauges. It took me two nights after work to finish. The portion of the install that gave me the most trouble was cutting the factory pillar and then trying to get the darn thing mounted again. I finally had to cut off the bottom push in connector.

I still have to install the shutoff valve. No one has them here. The only place that even had an idea of what I was talking about was NAPA. I will have them order the valve and elbow for me tomorrow. I put the banjo bolt at the bottom of the fuel filter.
The test drive went well. I found my F.P. stayed around 14 and dropped to 9 or 10 WOT. The pryo got up to 500 or 600 within a few miles. Is that normal? Boost seemed ok. I also found a small leak at the isolator that I will tighten up tomorrow. I think both the diesel and antifreeze are leaking.

Thanks again for all the threads that I have read. I've used the search feature at leas 20 times a day reading up on this.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:02 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Everything sounds normal to me. A good portion if my install time was spent fooling with the pillar fit and finish. That's good though, your stuck with the way it looks when it's all said and done, might as well get it as nice & neat as you can, right?

NAPA is a great place for misc. fittings, valves and hose. I have had the most success searching for parts at Nappy.

If you ever care about it, in the future you could install a fuel line upgrade kit that will keep your fuel above 12 psi at all times.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by P.J

NAPA is a great place for misc. fittings, valves and hose. I have had the most success searching for parts at Nappy.
I agree 100%

Glad to hear you got the install finished. I spent several hours installing my Isspros... With my F-I-L helping Sure is nice to know what your engine is doing.
Old 03-28-2006, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by sadlerb_98
Finally finished installing my gauges. It took me two nights after work to finish. The portion of the install that gave me the most trouble was cutting the factory pillar and then trying to get the darn thing mounted again. I finally had to cut off the bottom push in connector.

I still have to install the shutoff valve. No one has them here. The only place that even had an idea of what I was talking about was NAPA. I will have them order the valve and elbow for me tomorrow. I put the banjo bolt at the bottom of the fuel filter.
The test drive went well. I found my F.P. stayed around 14 and dropped to 9 or 10 WOT. The pryo got up to 500 or 600 within a few miles. Is that normal? Boost seemed ok. I also found a small leak at the isolator that I will tighten up tomorrow. I think both the diesel and antifreeze are leaking.

Thanks again for all the threads that I have read. I've used the search feature at leas 20 times a day reading up on this.
Yes, NAPA is a great source for misc. fittings. That's where I got my needle valve.
A couple things I did different....first, I didn't use the factory A-pillar cover, I just attached the pod to the a pillar....no messing with the factory one. Secondly....no isolator = no leaks.....just my opinion, but I will say you're going to have problems with that isolator down the road.
Now go post some pics of your new gauges and keep one eye on the road.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:34 AM

Moose10:

I will make a run by NAPA later this week to get those parts. I will put it on next filter change.

I've put the pics in my gallery. When they are approved I will post them here.

What part of Rapid are you in? That town is my adopted home town. My mom and brothers moved there in '93. I own land near Hermosa. Next time I am in town I will look you up.

Bob
Old 03-28-2006, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by sadlerb_98
Moose10:

I will make a run by NAPA later this week to get those parts. I will put it on next filter change.

I've put the pics in my gallery. When they are approved I will post them here.

What part of Rapid are you in? That town is my adopted home town. My mom and brothers moved there in '93. I own land near Hermosa. Next time I am in town I will look you up.

Bob
Bob, I PM'd ya.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:28 PM

I ordered the shutoff & elbow valve from NAPA. I will throw that on soon. Here is a pic of the gauges

I am now thinking of adding a trans temp gauge. I've been reading about the Mag-hytec double deep pans. Something like that wouldnt void a warranty would it?

I am not quit sure I like the routing of my SS fuel line from the banjo bolt to the isolator. Anyone have some pics of how they routed theirs?

thanks,
Bob
Old 03-28-2006, 06:43 PM
P.J
Banned

As long as your SS braid isn't going to rub on any other wires or hoses you'll be fine.
Looking good.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:46 PM

P.J. cool..thanks!

Bob
Old 03-28-2006, 07:09 PM

Did you have to paint you pillar or did it come that color?
Old 03-28-2006, 07:14 PM

oscaroc:
It came black. I ordered the paint cans from dieselmanor. Pretty easy to do. I let it dry overnight.

Bob
Old 03-29-2006, 08:02 AM
Chapter President

Thats a good pic of the pyro location..I was wondering about that.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:37 AM
P.J
Banned

Originally Posted by dodgeguy71
Thats a good pic of the pyro location..I was wondering about that.
I am a little higher up (away from the flange) The instructions say something like 3/4", seemed easier to be on the flat for me.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:18 AM

Guys,

That location is 3/4" to the center of the drill hole. I was a little nervous that it may be a little too much on the curved portion of the manifold but I was able to get some good threads in. The directions said you only need to get one or two threads of the pyro into the manifold. I got two or three in so I believe I am good. I put some anti-sieze on the threads and it is holding up good; Nice and tight.

Bob
Old 03-29-2006, 10:49 AM
P.J
Banned

Yeah, I'm sure you're fine. I was just a bit wary from the beginning with drilling on a curved piece like that.
Once it's in there, it's there to stay, so it doesn't really matter.

Quick Reply: Finally finished with ISSPRO gauges