Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

finally dyno-ed the ol' goat

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 11:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking finally dyno-ed the ol' goat

i went up to san-antonio texas a few weeks ago and put the ol goat on the dyno, i think it was dynoed in 5th gear and it put down 319 hp and 826 ft lbs. quite a few people were thoroughly impressed with the beat up ol' dodge with farm tags and a board for a tailgate...heck, i was too, right before i put it on the dyno i swapped out my 21 cm housing on my h1c turbo for a 12 cm wastegated housing but the wastegate is shut.i dunno how much boost it makes because my guage only goes to 30, but it hits 30 pretty quick, and i think i am choking the motor up in the higher rpms with that 12 cm housing. what do ya'll think?, i would like to put my 21 back on so it would not choke the motor up so bad. and i don't think my little h1c appreciates the 12 cm housing either. i could hit 30 psi in 4th and 5th gear with my 21 cm housing. and i have put a bid in on ebay for a hx55 that i am planning on putting for the big boy in a homebrew twins setup. i think maybe if i could leave the 12cm on my h1c, but hook the wastegate back up and then put the hx 55 on it, that it would not choke the motor off on the exhaust side. i might need to modify that 12 cm housing a bit, but that sounds like a good setup to me. and very affordable for my budget. i might need a smaller housing for my hx55 though..... it may not even spool up at all. sounds kinda big to me, but its affordable to me right now. if it don't work on the dodge, i can always hook it up to my ford n/a 7.3 it would look cool sticking out of the hood and any kinda turbo at all would help that thing so i don't think it would be too big for the ford. ir just put it back on ebay.... that is IF i even get it, not for sure on that. but i just thought i'd post since i haven't in a while.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:00 AM

My H1C was choking my first gen with a nonwastegated 14 housing. You may consider the 16 CM housing that is what I currently run.
I have heard scarey things about an HX55. I have a good core sitting in my garage. I believe your torque was high because of the 12 CM housing. seems I get high torque readings when I can spool real quick.
Not too shabby for a farm truck
Old 07-07-2005, 10:09 AM

my clutch slips pretty bad, what clutch works the best for you?? i have read about one on ebay that handles 450 hp and 1,000 ft lbs of torque for 625. would i have to resurface the flywheel again since i just did it 3,000 hard miles ago? hell, i have seen trucks with flywheels that looked brand new with over 250,000 miles on that clutch. but anyways, if you look on ebay for it it says something about it being a luk pro gold clutch, then they take the pads off it and put their own pads on it then sell it like that. its the stage 3 something or other.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:17 AM

I think that if you used the 12cm on a twins setup you would probably want a large external wastegate to bypass exhaust around it so that the 12cm isn't choking the engine. I think that the internal wastegate would be too small
Old 07-07-2005, 11:21 AM

i would have to build one, not buy one, i'm a poor white boy, how would you go about building one? and what do you think about using a turbo off a 04' dodge with a 600?? would that wastegate be big enough?
Old 07-07-2005, 12:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by banks twinram
i would have to build one, not buy one,
I would not try building one for anything. Very high precision machining. If you have the ability & machinery...go for it.
Good "diagram" on this site under Wastegates... http://www.tialsport.com/
Also hit "Technical" in menu....see "Wastegate Assembly Diagram"

Installed picture in my Gallery...if not familiar with them.

RJ
Old 07-21-2005, 02:05 AM

ok, i got my hx 55 sittin in the garage, do ya'll think it will be too small for the big one in twins? im thinking about putting my 21 cm housing on thw h1c and putting the hx 55 on direct so there is no wastegates to deal with at all. and i think the 21 cm would give it somewhat a relief untill i can get the money for an external wastegate. or do you think it would be better to go with the 12 cm wastegated housing?? could i modify the housing a little to flow more through the wastegate? i hope i don't blow that hx55 up... i have heard some bad things about them blowing easily. i don't plan to turn the fuel up any more for a while untill i get some more money. besides, my clutch will not hold tight as of now. im also thinking about putting the hx55 on my chevy 454, that would be pretty cool...