Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Finally!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Finally!

Finally got dad to let me move his starwheel forward some tonight. Still not all the way, but it made a difference. Before doing this, you could be driving in 5th, and say you were going to pass someone, and downgeared to 4th, at 50mph or so; the truck would actually slow down before it picked up speed due to spooling slow, and having no pep. Wouldnt smoke any at all really. Just a little puff when you would rev it up from idle. Also taking off in 1st(not bulldog) it would just take it forever to get going, and it just felt like it didnt really have a turbo as far as bieng able to feel it spool up.Well. Cranked the starwheel, and first thing noticed on the test drive was that taking off idling, and acclelerating in 1st it was hazing some smoke. Got the truck warmed up, and took off hard in 1st, and ran through the gears. Turbo spools quite a bit faster. No more actual power; you just get it quicker, and its easier to drive that way. I was running along in 4th, and hit 3rd hard, and I could definatley tell a big difference in how it spools there. Hit 3rd, and let it eat, and it picked right up, and came right along with no hesitation like it used to have. If your crusing in 5th at 55, and lay into it, it will smoke for maybe 4 seconds, and clear up. Can definatley tell its getting more fuel to spool the turbo. Should be quite a bit better pulling as far as getting the load rolling. Actually feels like a cummins should now. You can feel the turbo spool now, and it is quite a bit better to drive. Now i know this is nothing like having a plate, because mine will still walk all over it, and dads truck still doesent have more power , Just picks up so much nicer now, and doesent fall on its face when you downgear to pass or something. He is real worried about fuel mileage(gets a constant 20mpg), so i will report back with how that is(im guessing there will be no change, as he drives easy anyway). Anyway. Im just excited because the truck just had no pick up before until after about 2k rpm's, and now it actually is spooling a lot better. Anyway Just thought i would let you guys know what happened. Also thought it was funny that when he noticed it picked up much better he said "man. why did they have that thing cranked in so far"

Eric
Old 07-31-2005, 09:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great, now talk him into a set of gauges, and for a lil kicker, Bump his plate forward when he is outta town or asleep.... he he he he he..... Glad to hear he liked the results Eric! Now if i could get my dad to like straight pipe and smoke... well i honestly think that it would freeze downstairs first and lucifer would give free sled rides.... although stranger things have happened

Tx
Old 07-31-2005, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah. It is progress, so im happy about that. Im still working on him to get gauges, and then let me move his plate forward. I know he would be a lot more happy with the truck. I will keep working on him.

Eric