Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Fass Transfer Pump

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fass Transfer Pump

Just got home after purchasing the new Fass transfer pump system. Picked up the model for stock vehicle. Price 369.00 from a dodge dealer in Wis only 30 min from my home. Will have it installed next tues. Will be very anxious to test the pressure of the stock and new pump. Should be the last lift pump that I ever buy. Will surely let everybody know the skinny on the install and if there is any performance change.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:33 PM

Mine has been flawless so far
ps...a right angle drill will make installation much easier !
Old 02-01-2005, 09:14 AM

moose ,
what kinda pressures are you seeing with the new fassII . do they drop much when you get on it hard. Im thinking that this will be my next lift pump and hopefully my last one.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
seabee

I'm sure Moose10 will answer but I can tell you two things...
1-FASS II is same pump as FASS...just without the filter & H2O separator.
2-With a FASS, and a 5 micron filter (stock Dodge filter is 10 microns), and at 460 hp, I have only been able to pull FP down 1 psi max at WOT. And, that 1 psi loss is short lived...maybe 1-2 sec. before pressure returns to just under15 psi.

RJ
Old 02-01-2005, 10:37 AM

Just a heads up -

I have the FASS II. It is a great looking unit and most everything needed for the install comes with it.

However - with a new fuel filter I see between 11+ & 12psi at idle and at WOT I can pull it to 8 maybe a little less. The above #'s have been checked against a second pressure gauge. Additionally bumping the starter without starting, but letting the lift pump run, produces 12+psi. It appears as if the FASS II configured as the one I received is not capable of any more pressure.

The vendor I purchased it from has told me that according to Brad those are acceptable pressures but, they are working on another spring.

I have tried to call DPP to and ask about the new spring, can't get past the receptionist and am still waiting for a call back two weeks latter.

FWIW if I had 15 to 16 psi at idle and 12 @ wot I would be happy with the FASS II.

George
Old 02-01-2005, 11:30 AM

Originally posted by gandrews

The vendor I purchased it from has told me that according to Brad those are acceptable pressures but, they are working on another spring.

I have tried to call DPP to and ask about the new spring, can't get past the receptionist and am still waiting for a call back two weeks latter.

George
I've heard something similar about that spring issue. And Yes, that DARN RECEPTIONIST. If you/we/anybody other then a vendor could get past her I think alot of our questions could be answered.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:58 PM

ok so let me get this right you guys are saying that you are only getting 11 to 12 psi with this pump . if its the same pump as on the fass 1 why cant a spring from that pump work. 11 to 12 psi would be a big step back words from the 16 to 17 i get now at idle i cant even pull mine down to 12psi now and thats a stock lift pump with scottys smart fuel system lines.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:30 PM

"if its the same pump as on the fass 1 why cant a spring from that pump work"
Excellent question - which is why I wanted to talk to someone at DPP about a new spring!

"11 to 12 psi would be a big step back words from the 16 to 17 i get now at idle"
I agree - On the other hand, hopefully the FASS is more reliable.
Old 02-01-2005, 04:08 PM

gandrews,
i know that the fass pumps are really reliable . but if i can only get 12 psi from the fass2 then i will wait and put a fass 1 on it
Old 02-01-2005, 05:57 PM

Similar to gandrews, I'm seeing 12 to 12.5 at idle, and down almost to 8 at WOT with the TST box on level 6. If this pump can give me those pressures for 600,000 to 800,000 miles I have no problem with that. Also IF it did crap out within the next FOUR years, it's covered under warranty. I don't see how you can go wrong with that. If they come out with a better spring, then great, but for the time being, I'm not planning on replacing any lift pumps for a long time on my truck.
If we all keep calling & emailing DPP maybe we'll get a positive response
Old 02-01-2005, 10:33 PM

where can i get the information for this fass pump,phone #
Old 02-01-2005, 10:51 PM

Originally posted by Moose10
I've never had any trouble getting a return call from Brad. There may be times he's out of the office, but he calls back ASAP once he's available. DPP is excellent to deal with, I've never had more than a few hour wait (if any) on my inquiries.

brandon.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:54 PM

Originally posted by Moose10
I must admit - Im a little reluctant to buy based on DPP's customer service alone. I have NOT heard many good things regarding their customer service. Ive also heard of FASS kits missing parts etc., and people not being able to talk to anyone at DPP...hmmm....
Old 02-02-2005, 12:53 AM

Brad has always responded to my e-mails promptly...albeit with short answers. Man of few words me thinks.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It appears the FASS II pump is not identical to FASS I...maybe just the springs are different?

I bgt my FASS (in Oct) just before Brad instituted his policy for customers to contact their seller with questions. I would not have paid the price had I not spoken with Brad personally. Guess he has had to do this but it does not appear to be working very well for us.

RJ

Quick Reply: Fass Transfer Pump