Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

FASS Quit

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FASS Quit

Anyone had their FASS system just stop working? I have the unit without the filter and it just stopped working without any indication of problems. Luckily I left all the old equipment and lines on the truck. Just had to pull over and hook up the original pump and off I went. The unit has power and it was in use for about 8 months before giving up the ghost. Any ideas?
Old 09-27-2007, 02:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've only had one customer where his just quit becasue the pump went bad. But usually (and I can't count how many times I've seen this), what I find with the DIY self-installer, is they mount the relay upside down and it gets filled with water, then after a few months the relay quits and the pump won't work.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Banned

Mine did this and it was the inline fuse in the wiring harness close to where it plugs into the pump had gotten corroded. I just cut it out and spliced a new one in and it was good as new. Just an idea.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:40 PM

Mike-when you say the relay is upside down, are you speaking of the pump itself?
Old 09-27-2007, 06:00 PM

Well the pump and the relay. Both if mounted incorrectly can cause issue.

The HPFP needs to have the weep hole pointed down to the gnd. If its installed in the upward direction, water will wash out and rust the upper motor bearing and the pump will lock up or make TONS of noise.

A relay will just start to fill up with water if mounted up-side down. This will cause intermitant issues or complete failure....I, personaly, havent seen this issue that much....but it makes sence.

As for your issue:

You say you have power at the pump. How did you check for it?

What you will need to do is call your dealer with your SN and we can get the ball rolling on this. If you can part with the pump for a few days...i would love to get it here and check it out.

Let me know if I can help any further......
Old 09-27-2007, 06:30 PM

Mike -I checked for voltage at the connection at the pump itself. And the pump is installed in the correct direction-I just went out to double check my work. I have been running with the stock set-up for a couple of months now-so parting with the unit will not bother me at all-I would like to get it up and running. I will hopefully get my honey-do-list done and have some time to look at it this weekend. I appreciate the help and if you don't mind I will be it touch with you about my progress and any questions. Thanks-Tony
Old 09-27-2007, 07:47 PM

still think that a tandem pump setup is the way to go, + a bunch less $$$