Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

FASS Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 05:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FASS Questions

I'm looking at putting a FASS on my truck. Figured I would go ahead and beat the LP before it beat me. Most of my questions deal with what pump to get and the filters. My concern about getting the pump with the filters is it hanging down below the frame rail. If I went with just the pump would it be possible to just mount a filter after the pump going to the IP? Also is there any plates avaliable so I can remove that nasty stock fuel filter housing? Thanks
Old 03-12-2007, 05:44 PM

You can remove the factory filter housing regardless without any parts!
I would try a fass 95/95 or 95/150 It will be a bit smaller and hide better! It will shorten filter life, considering it dose have smaller filters! This in my opinon is much better than filtering after the unit , plus filter changes and water draining is much easier!
Old 03-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Banned

What do you mean plates to remove the stock filter housing?

To remove the stock fuel canister.... Just unplug the WIF sensor at the bottom and the heater at the top, disconnect the inlet and outlet lines, take the two bolts out that hold it to the manifold, and then yank it outta there. Just make sure to put the two manifold bolts back in.

I wouldn't worry about the FASS filters hanging off the frame rail. If you mount it properly they will be plenty up and out of the way.

As for which FASS to purchase.... contact the dealer closest to you and tell them your future plans for the truck. They are best prepared to help you choose the right one.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by Adam3291
My concern about getting the pump with the filters is it hanging down below the frame rail.
I've had my FASS for almost 3 years and this has never been an issue...
Old 03-12-2007, 05:59 PM

I'm thinking about a FASS 150/95-1008 for the truck, thats also what has been suggested to me. I plan this summer on getting the tranny built and more that likely getting bigger sticks and a turbo.
Old 03-12-2007, 06:19 PM

Both are great systems!
Old 03-12-2007, 06:23 PM

My LP ticks me off. I don't know why but when I turn the key it won't cycle, but if you turn the key and start the truck it will run or if you bump the starter it will cycle. My truck is the ONLY 99 that I know that won't cycle but at the same time I'm having no fuel pressure issues out of it.

Trending Topics

Old 03-12-2007, 06:28 PM

I've had various problems out of mine! It gets a chip on its sholder from time to time!
Old 03-12-2007, 09:31 PM

Took me some time looking around but I finally figured out how FASS does there classification. I'm more that likely going to go with a 150/95, I doubt I see myself going over the 600 mark anyways.

Mystery, any more info on the meet up there?
Old 03-12-2007, 09:57 PM

Just keeps getting Bigger! and Bigger!
Dyno will be here for 8 hours!!!

On the Fass, I've installed both. Im starting to prefer the 95 series, Its much smaller . The downside seems to be the limited filter life! Its the way to go if your wanting to go compact! You really cant beat the filter life on the 150's! Filters are not cheap these days!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:45 PM

I installed the 150/150 just after Christmas. I was concerned about the filter hanging down as well. Standing next to the truck, you can't seem them. Get back away from the truck a ways and you will see the bottom edge of both filters (maybe an inch or so). Properly installed there is just not much overhang. Like to 4-wheel? I would say that you would be hard pressed to smash your filter without crushing the bed 2 feet forward of the rear tire.

I doubt that I will ever need the full potential of the system that I installed, but I know it's ready if I decide to go a little crazy someday. Price wise, there was almost no difference in the 95 vs 150. I like the 60K recommended filter changes. I can't tell you how much quieter the new FASS is as I have not heard the old one, but if I want to listen to this one run I have to turn off the radio and sit on the side of the road at an idle. I like having 13 PSI at the VP44 regardless of the position my right foot assumes. To date (hand calculated actual miles/gallons) I am seeing about a 6% improvement in fuel economy since installing the FASS. What can I say? It's a great system - make the right choice for your truck and do it!
Old 03-14-2007, 06:50 AM

Whats the difference in the 95/95 filter life compared to the 150/95. There is now way I will ever get the fuel benefits of a 150/150 because I have no intentions of ever going that high.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Adam3291
I'm looking at putting a FASS on my truck. Figured I would go ahead and beat the LP before it beat me. Most of my questions deal with what pump to get and the filters. My concern about getting the pump with the filters is it hanging down below the frame rail. If I went with just the pump would it be possible to just mount a filter after the pump going to the IP? Also is there any plates avaliable so I can remove that nasty stock fuel filter housing? Thanks
ON a long bed you can fit the larger 150 Series no prob at all. I have pretty much the same truck as you and you can not see any filters at all.

SO you can run any kit you want really...and be ok.

Just remove the stock filter head. Wrap the plug ends up with a baggie or something to that effect. (OR you WIF light will come on when it rains.....Mine does! still got to fix that! )

As far as filter life goes.....i had a guy tare into his 95 Series filter at 50K.....almost no debris on the WS and the Fuel Filter look great! It really depends on what quality of fuel you use. BUT for the most part...i don’t see these filters running much shorter than the 150 Series units. (Actually i have seen truckers get 90K+ out of the 150's! We just suggest 50-60K.)

Our filter prices are really not that bad if you look at every thing else out there. Our 3um filter for the 150 series is $35.00 MSRP. AND its made by FG! All our filters are for that fact. The only stinger about the 95 series is that the fuel filter is made just for us, so you can not cross that filter at a parts store. You would have to call a FASS dealer to get one. BUT if you keep a spare, this will never be an issue.

ALSO...the 95 GPH will pretty much run any HP level you can toss at it with the VP-44 trucks. Rjohnson had a 95 GPH on his truck pushing 500-600 HP. Only saw about a 1.5 PSI drop. We swaped it out for a 150GPH and made no differance honestly. He kept the 150GPH for kicks......SO you can run whatever and it will work fine basicly!
Old 03-14-2007, 08:41 AM

The man with the know hows here ! I wasnt saying fass filters are high, I was say all filters are high these days, nothing to complain about though
Old 03-14-2007, 09:17 AM

Actually found the pics of the 150 series filters cut open at 65,000 miles......here they are:

Thanks to MAXTORQ off DieselRam.....

Quick Reply: FASS Questions