Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

FASS question

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johnsjas
Whats the difference between a FASS 2 and the normal FASS, or is there not one?
HPFP (AKA: FASS II)

FASS 150 Series

FASS 95 Series

We do have the noise update going on for all pumps. Our 200 GPH will talk some...but with this new plate we are using, we have had 4, 200 GPH pumps running that are just as loud as one without the update. Do a search for "Silent FASS PUMP" for the info on the update.....

ALSO on your 60 Gallon tank, make sure the bottom of the Suction tube is the width of 2 quarters stacked flat off the bottom of the tank. I have seen several people run theirs down to about 2 gallons.....it will eventually suck air at that point with stop and go....and i suggest looking for fuel when the "Low Fuel Light" comes on, but if you lost 20 gallons worth of capacity, i would bet your tube is too high.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:01 PM

I have the FASS 150 GPH (capable of supporting WAY more HP than I make) and cannot speak highly enough of it. Want to hear mine with factory exhaust? We'll have to pull over and idle with the radio turned off and no traffic around. I like knowing I have filters that can run to 50K+ with only an occasional water draining. I like how clean my engine looks with the factory filter housing and LP removed. I like that it runs 13-14 PSI regardless of what my right foot does or the TST PM3 setting. I really like the hand calculated 6% average increase in MPG I have seen since installing in January.

Do what is right for your truck and your budget. IMO you just cannot go wrong with the "full FASS" set-up.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by ohiostate24
I believe mine is straight piped (dont know for sure, it was on there when I bought it), how would you go about finding out if its straight piped or not.
Don't do what I did. I bought a truck with a staight pipe and didn't realize it until I had a 4" system with a muffler ready to go on. I hate my muffler and miss the staight pipe sound
Old 03-14-2007, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ph4tty
Don't do what I did. I bought a truck with a staight pipe and didn't realize it until I had a 4" system with a muffler ready to go on. I hate my muffler and miss the staight pipe sound
HAHA....ya know that is only a sawzaw away dont you?
Old 03-14-2007, 12:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
FASS doesn't have a fuel heater, does it? How does this affect cold weather performance? I would think Cummins put the heater on their filter for a reason... I add Powerservice to my fuel to prevent gelling but I still wonder.
Thanks!
-P
Old 03-14-2007, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by PaulDaisy
FASS doesn't have a fuel heater, does it? How does this affect cold weather performance? I would think Cummins put the heater on their filter for a reason... I add Powerservice to my fuel to prevent gelling but I still wonder.
Thanks!
-P
We have ports to run engine coolant though our systems. This will help with extreme cold weather if you plug your truck in. BUT additives and such will keep the fuel happy in the tank. This is where you really have to worry about it (Intake pickup getting clogged). BUT short of the fuel filter clogging up due to ice or gelled fuel, our pumps will move it. Brad has ran his pump at -15*F with nothing but winter fuel with no issue. BUT this was the day before ULSD....and i hear this caused havoc this year. OR that is what people are blaming at least. Running good doses of “911” have seem to help from what I have read.

If i recall correctly, the fuel heater only works with the intake heaters.......
Old 03-14-2007, 05:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Aha, I see! Thanks Dan!
-P