Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.
View Poll Results: Which FASS Pump
1003 - 95 GPH With Big Line filter to injection kit
8.33%
1003 - 95 GPH With
8.33%
1003 - 150 GPH With Big Line filter to injection kit
8.33%
1003 - 150 GPH With Draw straw II 3/8
16.67%
1008 - 95 GPH
8.33%
1008 - 150 GPH
16.67%
Other - Please list in the thread
0%
I have no idea but I like to vote anyways
33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Which FASS Pump To Get For My Truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which FASS Pump To Get For My Truck

With so many FASS options, which one do I get?

The only mods I have and plan to have is the edge attiude with juice and of course BHAF and maybe an exhaust later on.

So which pump is best for reliability?

this is 1003 pump

this is 1008 pump

im pretty sure i want the 95 since my truck is pretty much stock and will stay that way with diesel fuel prices higher then giraffe pu###.

The two im interested in is
http://www.vulcanperformance.com/ser...pump%2C/Detail
and
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-5-...spagenameZWDVW

whats the difference?

1. What should my pressure be after this pump install?
2. What is the big line kit?
3. What is the draw straw?
4. Is this hard to install and does it have instructions?
Old 11-22-2007, 06:39 PM

[QUOTE=EverydayDiesel;1803509]im pretty sure i want the 95 since my truck is pretty much stock and will stay that way with diesel fuel prices higher then giraffe pu###.

i am lmao right now.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:11 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AIRDO...spagenameZWDVW

They also make a smaller one. I purchased from individual that is a dealer from them and couldnt be happier.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:34 PM

so whats the difference in all of these pumps? one obviously has two filters but for what? I also noticed that those filters are 15 - 25 EACH. I like to change my fuel filter every 10k

I need to oder this mess tomorrow since my truck is leaking fuel at the lift pump and slowly works the pressure up.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:41 PM

One filter is actually a filter the other is the water seperator. The filter is only thing that needs to be changed and they can be had for around 10 dollars a piece from a fleetguard dealer. The water seperator doesnt have to bechange unless a road hazard hits it or it rust threw. It is very unlikely on a airdog for anything to damage either one since it mounts up behind the skid plate But I keep just one of each under the seat for piece of mind since Im on construction sites with roots and sticks.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:57 PM

I just looked at the airdog site and it was a airdog 100 that I am running and should fit your needs just fine.
Old 11-22-2007, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by jp8819
I just looked at the airdog site and it was a airdog 100 that I am running and should fit your needs just fine.

is it noisy? Im thinking about going with this one but I need it to ship ASAP so im trying to find a store that has it for that price

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-5-...spagenameZWDVW
Old 11-22-2007, 09:20 PM

I just got it from this guy
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-5-...QQcmdZViewItem

he is open right now thanksgiving night and hes ready to wheel and deal. I couldnt have asked for a better price, amazing

I guess I remove the lift pump and bypass the fuel filter to run this pump?
Old 11-22-2007, 10:43 PM

AIrdog is same if not quieter than stock but both good systems I just wanted it behind skid plate like I state before to help protect it and the 1/2in lines. Both are a very straight forward install and I left old pump and filter in place incase Ever wanted to go back to it and just pluged the lines.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jp8819
AIrdog is same if not quieter than stock but both good systems I just wanted it behind skid plate like I state before to help protect it and the 1/2in lines. Both are a very straight forward install and I left old pump and filter in place incase Ever wanted to go back to it and just pluged the lines.
I just installed the air dog under the transfer skid plate, like you said better fittings and 1/2in lines can barely hear it have to hang my head out the door. not sure if this is good BUT have 22psi and 20psi at wot. I have herd that too much pressure will cause hard start but never a problem. Old problem hard start and the old stocker type was going from 10.5 to 5psi back and forth parked it till the new Air Dog came in called the owner of air dog and asked all my questions and removed the old fuel filter and ran 1/2in line right to the vp44. Running a digital gauge in the cab and a mechanical one on the firewall with stainless steel lines and will be building a snubber off the shutoff valve by filling a fitting with soldier and drilling a .020 hole in the soldier. ed
Old 11-23-2007, 02:07 PM

ed wats your fuel psi after ?

my psi is runing about 16 - 17 idle and i have seen it drop to 12 or so when i barly git on it . I have a cam / crank sensor prob right now but i wouldent think that it would have a efect on the psi . But it did cutt my power on the motor down a hole lot due to sensor . still trying to fix that prob
Old 11-23-2007, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by county cowboy
ed wats your fuel psi after ?

my psi is runing about 16 - 17 idle and i have seen it drop to 12 or so when i barly git on it . I have a cam / crank sensor prob right now but i wouldent think that it would have a efect on the psi . But it did cutt my power on the motor down a hole lot due to sensor . still trying to fix that prob
My psi know on my mechanical gauge is 21.5 at idle and drops to 20psi at wot. With the new digital gauge it is 24 and 22psi. I plan on leaving the digital in the truck and mounting the mechanical on the firewall. I have a shut off valve that is cutting down the flow but will use it as a shut off and I will be soldiering up a fitting near the shut off and dilling it with a .020 drill bit and using it as a snubber to control any pulses that can destroy the sending unit. This is what info I got from Charles the owner of Air Dog. I am waiting for the rest of the parts to come in next week. running it in -AN flex line and An fittings. I have herd that pressures over 16psi can cause hard starting but that has not been a issue yet or it may never be. If so the spring in the air dog pump can be adjusted I understand. ED
Old 11-23-2007, 10:26 PM

Mine runs a steady steady 15psi and at wot drops to only 14 monitored by a autometer guage.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:31 AM

Where are you tapping in for your fuel pressure if you are running directly from the pump to the VP? Are you going through the stock filter/heater or using a "T" in the line somewhere or is there a place to tap into on the VP?

Ben
Old 11-24-2007, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Beano
Where are you tapping in for your fuel pressure if you are running directly from the pump to the VP? Are you going through the stock filter/heater or using a "T" in the line somewhere or is there a place to tap into on the VP?

Ben
Id like to know also, you cant use your banjo bolt?

Quick Reply: Which FASS Pump To Get For My Truck