Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

FASS problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FASS problems

I have a FASS HPFP that has been increasing in pressure. When I turn the key on, my fuel gauge needle bounces off of the 30 psi pin. Then when it is cranking, the pressure is 22 to 23 psi, so the truck is hard to start. I know it is the FASS because if I unplug it the truck starts right up. It seems to have gradually gotten like this over several months. The shop where I bought the pump contacted FASS and they said it is still in warranty, but they wanted to do some general trouble shooting steps like check pressure while driving(I have a cornerpost mechanical gauge) and pull fuel out of a bucket. Anyway all that took two weeks, before FASS decided we should send the pump to them so they can try to fix it. So now the pump has been sent off for two weeks, and no word from FASS. I have been unable to use my truck for a month now! I spent good money for a "good" fuel supply pump in order to avoid these kind of problems. Has anyone else had a FASS pump do this? Sorry, I needed to vent.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:55 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

WOW!!!! My mechanic MADE FASS send me a new pump. He installed a new one, and sent the old one in. Of course the pump failed all together. I would get on the phone with FASS and start raising a little H E double hockey sticks. Don't take no for an answer and let them know that you are going to raise the roof until they get you a new pump out so you can get to work.

If they want to fix the darn thing that is fine, the least they can do is overnight you one to use till that one is made right. Let them know you have 76,000 friends who are anxiously awaiting their decision and quite a few are in the market for a new pump. Stick it to em hard!!!!

Keep posting up their responses too!
Old 08-21-2010, 07:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems. That's why more Americans choosing foreign brand vehicles cause they supposedly have better customer support.
I just wish American companies would build better product and stand behind it when it fails. That's the only way to bring American jobs back to U.S. and improve our economy altogether.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:21 AM
Chapter President

That is why I put this pump on.
http://www.dodge-diesel.org/9fubomelipus.html
No more problems with the electric CRAP.