Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

FASS Instructions

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FASS Instructions

Nevermind, found it on their website.

EDIT - Oh you just beat me to it, thanks!
Old 05-15-2009, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by JasonblkZ06
I know there are write ups out there for installs on this and the Air Dog. I have had a FASS 150 sitting for about 2.5 years and have never got around to installing it. Tonight my truck wouldn't start - no codes.
No sure what it could be but when I pulled in earlier today it stumbled as I was turning it off - noticed it was running rough right before I shut it off. So, I am going to install it tonight like right now!

I took the instructions out of the box to read them and who knows where they are as I have moved 4 times since I bought this. Does anyone have them or can scan them in and email them to me? I can go ahead and get started pulling stuff off, but all the bolts and fittings etc I would like to have instructions on how to install it etc.

Thanks.
http://www.dieselinjection.net/fass/...-98-04-81C.pdf
Old 05-16-2009, 12:01 AM

Do you completely remove the Stock fuel filter housing, water separator assembly? In one of the pictures in the instructions it still shows it on the truck. Seems like there is no need to have it any longer.

Also - what is the second return I just read about on Vulcan's website? I have an older Draw Straw that I will be installing at the same time as the FASS. It has 1 port for the return. Do I also need to cut the filler neck tube as indicated in the FASS manual? What systems have dual returns and how should I have it hooked up?
Thanks
Old 05-16-2009, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by JasonblkZ06
Do you completely remove the Stock fuel filter housing, water separator assembly? In one of the pictures in the instructions it still shows it on the truck. Seems like there is no need to have it any longer.

Also - what is the second return I just read about on Vulcan's website? I have an older Draw Straw that I will be installing at the same time as the FASS. It has 1 port for the return. Do I also need to cut the filler neck tube as indicated in the FASS manual? What systems have dual returns and how should I have it hooked up?
Thanks
The full systems bypass the fuel filter. Although it can be retained for the WIF and Heater functions.

The HPFP is the unit without filters and it is plumbed into the filter housing.

The dual return on the DS1 allows for bypass fuel from the full systems to be returned directly into the bucket. With this setup, you would not use the included filler neck return. This allows for all returned fuel from the injection pump, injectors and the lift pump to return to the module bucket. And of course, no fuel slosh issues with this setup!

If you want a dual return, call Eric Monday, he can get you taken care of.
Old 05-16-2009, 01:01 AM

OK that makes sense. I have the FASS with the replacement filters - the big unit. So, I can just bypass the whole thing? Being in TX I doubt that I need the fuel heater. What are others doing keeping this for the WIF and heater functions or just removing the whole unit?

I might call and get a dual return since I am sure I will be working on the truck all weekend. I have A/C and brakes to do, but want to get the no start problem fixed first. Wow, everythign breaks at once - just my luck.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:18 PM

Thanks! Eric was very helpful. Great service, not many other companies take care of their customers this well.