Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

FASS Installation Problems - Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FASS Installation Problems - Help!

Well I was installing my FASS 1 unit today and everything was going successfully until I had to install the o-ringed flare adapter into the VP-44. The fitting is larger than the threaded port in the vp, so my question is, am I doing something wrong? do i have the wrong fitting? my truck is a 2000 (in sig).

Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Old 03-05-2005, 07:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Check your adapters again, all of them. Could you have the wrong on you are trying to put in there? While it could be wrong, DPP is good about putting all the right parts in the box.
Are you sure you pulled the right line off the VP44?
I am not trying to insult you, it's just sometimes all of us miss obvious things.

Chris
Old 03-05-2005, 07:54 PM

I pulled the line off the vp that came from the stock fuel filter, the thread pitch and count are the same on the adapter as in the vp, just the adapter is larger in diameter than the banjo bolt that i removed from the vp.

On a side note, I removed what seems to be the return line, back to tank, the fitting that I removed is the one with the check ball in it, this banjo fitting is larger than the feed line to the vp-44 and is the same size as the adapter fitting that came with the FASS.

Thanks again
Old 03-06-2005, 12:48 AM

I am aware of this, although on my truck the 2 banjo bolts that go into the vp are different sizes, the one for the return line is larger than the supply line to the vp-44. My problem being that the o-ringed flare adapter fitting that came with the FASS is too large for the supply port on the vp. so I think that I have the wrong size fitting? and was just wondering if anyone else has ran into this problem?

just for comparison, the FASS fitting threads into the return line port on the vp, but not the supply line port.

Thanks Again
Old 03-06-2005, 01:16 AM

On my '99 the IN line to the VP44 is the one towards the rear of the truck. Here's a photo from Scotty's site bemonstrating the location of the inlet to the VP44, the photo was taken while standing next to the drivers side fender looking in:

brnadon.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:59 AM

yes, that is how my pump looks. so i have come to the conclusion that i was supplied with the wrong fitting with my fass system.

do you think I will be able to purchase the correct fitting somewhere local, or will i have to wait for the correct one to be sent to me, because as of today I have no transportation until this thing gets put back together.