Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Fass install

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fass install

I am trying to remove the fuel suction line from the fuel tank and not having a great deal of luck. Instructions to say push on 2 tabs and remove line. Of course one tab is on the bottom and I can't really reach it worth a damm. Any help from those that have done it before?
Thanks
Alan
Old 07-30-2007, 01:57 PM

i believe you can spin the connection cant you?
Old 07-30-2007, 02:30 PM
BBA

Yea thats where i had the hardest time. I really cant remeber more on what i did i think i just played with it for a while and finally got it!
Old 07-30-2007, 02:54 PM

I found that a pocket knife works priety good !!
Old 07-30-2007, 03:12 PM

Question More fass install

I am looking at this Fass install here. I think I should be able to fiddle the suction line off of it's mounting. I am now looking at the pump mounting. I am doing the pump not the full filter set up. The included bracket puts the fuel fittings across the frame rail not parallel to it. Has my pump been assembled wrong or is this the way it is supposed to be? The included bracket also mounts the pump rather low and creates quite the target. I must be having a brain freeze because this doesn't seem right to me. Hmm.
Alan
Old 07-30-2007, 03:45 PM

I used a long pair of needle nose pliers with 90 degree ends becareful I think on yours it has a plastic neck coming out of the tank unlike mine which had a metal so i could pull on it a little more. I used the pliers to squeeze the 2 tabs pushed in a lil and then pulled out on it and popped right off.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:24 PM

oh!! one thing to remember is that the nubbs you are pushing is a seperate part from the acuall connecter itself so when you push in the nubs you have to only pull the hose itself then take off the clip..haha i didnt know that and tried to put the new one on. didnt stay on very well with that in the way...
Old 07-30-2007, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by AlanF
I am looking at this Fass install here. I think I should be able to fiddle the suction line off of it's mounting. I am now looking at the pump mounting. I am doing the pump not the full filter set up. The included bracket puts the fuel fittings across the frame rail not parallel to it. Has my pump been assembled wrong or is this the way it is supposed to be? The included bracket also mounts the pump rather low and creates quite the target. I must be having a brain freeze because this doesn't seem right to me. Hmm.
Alan
I see you have 2 posts up...Ill address this one and move to the next:

The HPFP bolts to the Bed suport rail via the alum 2 piece bracket. If installed correctly, the "T" port will be facing the rear of the truck. Make sure the weep hold is down...very important!
Old 07-30-2007, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by AlanF
I am trying to remove the fuel suction line from the fuel tank and not having a great deal of luck. Instructions to say push on 2 tabs and remove line. Of course one tab is on the bottom and I can't really reach it worth a dang. Any help from those that have done it before?
Thanks
Alan
Zip lock or dential floss. Position around the 2 tabs and pull tight. THen push slightly fwd and then back and line should pop off.....

To get the tab off the line once you get the line off, bend both "Ears" back over on to themselves and pull. should just pop off. Reinstall back into stock line.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan
I see you have 2 posts up...Ill address this one and move to the next:
Not anymore, threads merged.

phox
Old 07-30-2007, 07:42 PM

Thanks

Thanks for all the help folks! I just kinda gave up on the suction line removal untill I had some more info. I have been known to go a little banshee at times and that doesn't typically do much good. Zap strap in hand I will try again at a later date. Thanks Dan, the bed support makes more sense than the frame rail as it would put the fuel fittings in the correct N-S orientation. I am not looking at the underside of the truck right now, but it makes more sense.
Cheers.
Alan

Last edited by AlanF; 07-30-2007 at 07:44 PM. Reason: spelling