Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Fass-hpfp

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 12:28 AM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fass-hpfp

Ok after reading n reasearching I belive I am goin to get my fuel system problem niped in the bud before it gets me. I have decied to go with the FASS-HPFP but need some more info that the installation sheet dont cover. Is the fuel filter that comes with that system the inline can one correct? ok if so then what do you do with the factory fuel canister and fuel filter? can you leave it there with a filter in the bowel or what? what happens to the heater? or does all that stuff stay there? and any photos of this setup would be really helpfull too.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fass

I put mine in 3 months ago & love it. I left my oem filter in place. Make sure you drain to oem filter & blow the old fuel line out or it will leak all over your tank. I thought I had a leak. I dont know about the heater. I think there is a place for a heater on the FASS system. I have been meaning to research that. My wait to start light goes off pretty quick now. It was hard diconnecting the tank line. I loosened a tank strap to lower the tank a few inchs & it came right off. If you do a search on here there is a set of pictures that show the install step by step. I think you will love the FASS. Good Luck
Old 08-18-2006, 06:01 AM
Chapter President

Several who have installed the FASS had the same problem I had, it would not prime after installation.... until we discarded the QD fitting that goes to the fuel pickup on top of the tank, and used a clamp connector.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:26 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Continue to use the OEM filter & fuel heater. The new fuel line just connects to the intake side of the OEM filter housing. The filter they send with the kit just gets large chunks before the pump as insurance. The only thing you are replacing is the pump and fuel lines.

Good call on the LP.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:29 AM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So the line that goes from the suction side of the tank then it goes to the fuel bowel? and it dont go directly to the injection pump like they were showing? thanks inadvance
Old 08-18-2006, 09:33 AM

Like Geico said ! Also, dont't use the QD fitting that comes with the kit. I used one hose clamp at first, and the truck would lose prime overnight, a second hose clamp fixed that. You'll want to build or buy a big line to go from the stock filter housing to the VP too.
One more thing....a right angle drill will make installing the bracket MUCH easier
There's some pics in my gallery.
Two years and 30k + miles on mine now, and I'm still getting 18.5-19.5psi at idle, and I can only bottom it out to about 15.5psi.
Make sure you send in your registration card !
Old 08-18-2006, 06:36 PM

do yourself a favor and buy a vulcan kit at the same time...The fittings that come with the FASS suck...if you use them snug till it doesnt leak do not torque them down they will seperate...I used hose clamps on all of the push on hoses...