Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

FASS cavitation noise fix?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question FASS cavitation noise fix?

Where can I find a good kit to reduce the cavitation noise in the tank, it gets louder every day. I assume there is a fuel module pickup replacement or modification kit out there somewhere.

I would prefer to have a prebuilt kit as I do not want to "try" differnt things as taking the tank out is a pain.

J
Old 10-16-2006, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by greenworks
Where can I find a good kit to reduce the cavitation noise in the tank, it gets louder every day. I assume there is a fuel module pickup replacement or modification kit out there somewhere.

I would prefer to have a prebuilt kit as I do not want to "try" differnt things as taking the tank out is a pain.

J
We offer a Suction Tube kit:

STK-1001 (03-06 Dodge)
STK-1002 (94-02 Dodge)

Might want to try the 5 gallon bucket test in my sig and see if this fixes the noise you are hearing. You could also be sucking air at any of the fittings on the suction line. Double check all the fittings. Let me know what you find on with the test....its outlined in our trouble shooting manual in my sig.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:03 AM

Dan, what kind of price do these come with and can I get one from a dealer in canada, piers,nadp...
Old 10-17-2006, 10:18 AM

Dan, what kind of price do these come with and can I get one from a dealer in canada, piers,nadp...
I would call both and get a price. US MSRP is 39.00. AND we just updated the kit to be an easier install with a little help from Eric over at Vulcan....... (Replaced the bulkhead fitting with a one piece insert and grommet) The older kits worked just fine though...and i would guess both of those dealers will have those kits as of yet. They new ones have not made it out just yet......

Refer to pgs 10 and 11
Old 11-15-2006, 10:48 AM

Sorry dan I haven't had a chance to do the 5 gallon test but I think i will just order the parts and fix it, heres the question it doesn't it replace the sending unit obviously being the fuel level float is attached the only thing it is doing is providing a better fuel intake point by the looks of the pictures thereby hopefully fixing a bad sending unit as far as losing prime and also hopefully reducing the caviation noise I am having trouble with. Am I correct in that statement?

Jason
Old 11-15-2006, 07:21 PM

Sorry dan I haven't had a chance to do the 5 gallon test but I think i will just order the parts and fix it, heres the question it doesn't it replace the sending unit obviously being the fuel level float is attached the only thing it is doing is providing a better fuel intake point by the looks of the pictures thereby hopefully fixing a bad sending unit as far as losing prime and also hopefully reducing the caviation noise I am having trouble with. Am I correct in that statement?

Jason
As Ed McMan would say "You are Correct, Sir!"
Old 11-15-2006, 07:39 PM

Dan,do you think the new kits are in stock at most suppliers now you had said there where some changs in fittings or somthing.

If the noise doesn't go away then what, motor bearings?

Trending Topics

Old 11-16-2006, 09:54 AM

Dan,do you think the new kits are in stock at most suppliers now you had said there where some changs in fittings or somthing.

If the noise doesn't go away then what, motor bearings?
those fittings were a very short run and cought very quickly.....i havent had a call on thoes in about 2 months to be honest. SO i would think that most are weeded out. AND we also stocked up our dealers that found some, with some extras fittings just in case.

If you had a bad bearing, you would have done something about it already! Trust me on that! haha.....
Old 11-16-2006, 05:03 PM

dan I talked to mark at PDR and he said by using the kit you stated I will lose the bottom 1/4 of my tank for usable fuel. Is this true as I need to range of my truck and don't want to be stopping every 500 km for fuel.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:23 PM

dan I talked to mark at PDR and he said by using the kit you stated I will lose the bottom 1/4 of my tank for usable fuel. Is this true as I need to range of my truck and don't want to be stopping every 500 km for fuel.
Its all how its installed. WE suggest setting it up the width of 2 quaters off the bottom of the tank. You want it close......i know Brad runs his pretty dry with out any issues. NOW low tank and parking on big hills dont mix very well. Its will be some what of an adjustment...but i have seen seveal truck run to the fuel light comes on....i would not go any lower than that. If one wanted to install it using the stock fuel module cup....That has worked with with good success for other people. Shouldn't be reinventing the wheel.