Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

F1 injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F1 injectors?

I am thinking of getting some new injectors and from what I have read here Mach's seem to be the way to go. But which one do I choose? I want to only have to buy injectors once, so I don't mind paying a little more for quality. Should I get something moderate with the few mods I have now or go big and grow into them in do time? I don't want to out grow them if I get moderate ones(if that is possable) but I do need it to be daily driven. Any help would be nice and does any one have the main web site to F1?
Old 08-22-2008, 05:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
http://f1diesel.com
Old 08-22-2008, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Flatbed24v
I am thinking of getting some new injectors and from what I have read here Mach's seem to be the way to go. But which one do I choose? I want to only have to buy injectors once, so I don't mind paying a little more for quality. Should I get something moderate with the few mods I have now or go big and grow into them in do time? I don't want to out grow them if I get moderate ones(if that is possable) but I do need it to be daily driven. Any help would be nice and does any one have the main web site to F1?

if you only want to do them once buy the m4's. they ll keep you satisfied for a while.

you wont be able to use your comp as much but you wont need to.

i really think the 4's would be perfect for you after rereading your post
Old 08-23-2008, 07:43 AM

What are your plans for the truck? Do you plan on adding an upgraded turbo later down the road? If so go with the mach 4's most likely. But if staying with your stock turbo, go with like a Mach 2 or 2.5. I ran 2.5's on my 99 with Drag Comp and it ran very well. It did 440hp 960tq on the dyno and pull nice and hard on the street. It would get hot on level 5x5 on long WOT runs but were nice for a daily driver.

Brett
Old 08-23-2008, 08:17 AM

I plan to upgrade to bigger turbo or a twins setup, but it will be a while before I can. I want to get the most hp I can get and it still be a daily driver.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'll chime in here. As far as I know, I've run the M4s with the stock turbo longer than anyone else on this board who did it-- over 2 years now.

This injector is the imo the biggest that is livable on a daily basis. With a bigger injector, you'd really want an even faster-spooling turbo to help keep smoke under control, which is a step backwards in the HP and EGT relief departments.

I've driven in 6000' elevation in the summer in Cheyenne, and smoke is reasonable and controllable, imo- about what you'd expect from a trash truck or the like. It doesn't belch smoke unless you make it, but it will commonly give a thin little wisp that instantly disappears (you have to look for it to notice it's even happening).

Winter starts are no problem-- my truck started just fine from a -24F morning without being plugged in (cycle the grids twice). They will haze a white smoke when very cold, but it goes away when the engine warms.

The M4s are to me the perfect all-around injector. They are *just* small enough to do all the things you need to be able to do-- tow, control smoke, start reliably, etc. They are also big enough to do what you'd want a big injector to do-- make power, get a turbo moving, etc.

Fuel Economy with my M4s has been in most cases the same or slightly better than when my truck was bone stock.

Lately, my usage profile has gotten dramatically worse and the MPG has dropped to upper 14s. For average city driving, I get 16s, with hwy mpg consistently around 20.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:55 AM

i got better mpg, less smoke with m4's and the stocker . b/c it made boost all the time.

Trending Topics

Old 08-23-2008, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by HOHN
I'll chime in here. As far as I know, I've run the M4s with the stock turbo longer than anyone else on this board who did it-- over 2 years now.

This injector is the imo the biggest that is livable on a daily basis. With a bigger injector, you'd really want an even faster-spooling turbo to help keep smoke under control, which is a step backwards in the HP and EGT relief departments.

I've driven in 6000' elevation in the summer in Cheyenne, and smoke is reasonable and controllable, imo- about what you'd expect from a trash truck or the like. It doesn't belch smoke unless you make it, but it will commonly give a thin little wisp that instantly disappears (you have to look for it to notice it's even happening).

Winter starts are no problem-- my truck started just fine from a -24F morning without being plugged in (cycle the grids twice). They will haze a white smoke when very cold, but it goes away when the engine warms.

The M4s are to me the perfect all-around injector. They are *just* small enough to do all the things you need to be able to do-- tow, control smoke, start reliably, etc. They are also big enough to do what you'd want a big injector to do-- make power, get a turbo moving, etc.

Fuel Economy with my M4s has been in most cases the same or slightly better than when my truck was bone stock.

Lately, my usage profile has gotten dramatically worse and the MPG has dropped to upper 14s. For average city driving, I get 16s, with hwy mpg consistently around 20.
What more can you say besides buy them, good write up HOHN.
They worked perfect in my 01' and I wouldn't waste your money on any other brand...
Old 08-23-2008, 10:17 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have cheap Jammer 5's. Supposedly rated at 150 but more like a smoky 135HP. I wouldn't go any bigger that what I have for a daily driver. I think Hohn is spot on in that bigger than 150 HP will not be daily worry free drive able. Guys running around with 2-250HP injectors cannot blab on the phone or talk to their wife because they are trying to avoid excessive smoke, excessive heat, and surging.

Anything smaller than 125HP injector will really inhibit your ability to make power when you get the rest of the supporting parts together.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:32 AM

that sounds like mach4 is what I am going to get thanks for the info guys this really helps me out
Old 08-23-2008, 02:01 PM

One more for mach 4's. Even with a turbo upgrade they will work well. Good mileage, controllable smoke, and excellent power. Despite my messy old p-pump conversion I can get 21mpg or so out on the highway with them.

Ron
Old 08-23-2008, 06:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have not the 4s but I tried two different ones, 275s and 1.6s. I think the only reason for you not to get the 4s is if you tow medium to heavy. You will have to watch for smoke and EGTs with the 4s if you do, in which case I would suggest to downscale a little, to 1.6s probably. But in TX and not towing, you should get the 4s and then look for a turbo upgrade to fully realize their potential.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:19 PM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
I had Mach 1.6's and an EZ on my '99 which along with the DTT tranny,made for a smooth idling,low smoke haulin' tail truck that got decent mileage even with my popup camper.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:55 PM

I have the 5's and ove them. I daily drive them with no problems. Don makes quality injectors no matter what the size. For you I would reccomend the 4's like the others have.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:05 PM

if I do tow heavy with Mach 4 will I have to have a bigger turbo to keep egt's down or could I turn my box down to one

Quick Reply: F1 injectors?