Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

F 1 injectors

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F 1 injectors

Hey guys,
I drove a friends truck with Mach 2 injectors. The truck runs great and there's less smoke them my 275's and no heat issues. He has the stock turbo and a Edge EZ box.(It's very similiar to my truck) He didn't want to tap the wire on a Comp box so he went with the Mach 2's. How many of you guys run this settup? He says his mileage is about 18 hwy. Would Mach 3's be to much for a truck with a stock turbo that doesn't tow?
As always THANKS,
Topper
Old 01-15-2006, 10:46 AM

With just the EZ I would think he should not have too much problems. I ran my stock turbo for a short period of time with Mach 4s, ez comp on 1x1. It did OK. Just keep an eye on the temp gauge.

Regards,
Gene
Old 01-15-2006, 10:58 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
M4's have less smoke/heat than M3's. Many run stock turbos with them.

Don~
Old 01-15-2006, 11:18 AM

Hey Don, I'm just running a Van Aaken box and a bhaf right now, I bought RV275 injectors (not installed yet) but I'm starting to rethink my choice. If I don't add anymore performance items, would the Mach 1.6's provide more SOTP power than the 275's? I tow 11,000# about once a week. Stock HX35.
Old 01-15-2006, 11:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chinook country
Hey Don, I'm just running a Van Aaken box and a bhaf right now, I bought RV275 injectors (not installed yet) but I'm starting to rethink my choice. If I don't add anymore performance items, would the Mach 1.6's provide more SOTP power than the 275's? I tow 11,000# about once a week. Stock HX35.
I love the 1.6s after the install I was really impressed with the way it pulls and my MPGs are still at 20 with the catcher and 1.6. check out my first long trip comments.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...ght=bob+wagner
Old 01-15-2006, 11:50 AM
Banned

You'll definately feel the difference between the 275's and mach 1.6's. Your tranny might feel the difference of it also.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:33 PM
DTR Advertiser

Originally Posted by chinook country
Huge difference between the 275's and 1.6's. We just did some refinements to the nozzle needle as well last week. Faster opening of the needle. Slight reduction in EGT, no reduction in power.

Towing guys should use a 1.6 with stock turbos or a Mach 4 with an upgraded turbo.

Stock turbo and no or light towing ( 4000 pounds or so ), I always come back to the 4's.

Caveats: If you have a stock turbo and an HO truck. The Mach 1.2 will tow all day with no EGT. The 1.6 might need a turbo upgrade if the weight is heavy.

Don~
Old 01-15-2006, 01:02 PM

Having just removed RV275's and installed 1.6's, I can attest to the significant increase in performance. I was especially surprised at the just-off-idle response. Unloaded, I nearly (99.5% of the time unless I'm bored, or there is a idiot behind me in obvious hurry) start off in second gear. The 275's wouldn't react nearly like the 1.6's do; they pull quickly without any hesitation.
I don't pull with any regularity, but was not willing to scarifice any potential "eye watching the EGT guage because of a large injector" when I do hookup a heavy load. The 1.6's have been great for that. Unloaded, with the TST on 8, maybe 1200 degress WOT in what the law enforcement would classifiy as "reckless". Loaded, TST on 1-3, no problems what-so-ever no matter the amount of throttle.
I do however note more colored exhaust from the 1.6's than I did from the 275's, especially when the engine is cold. This surprised me. My fuel mileage has also increased, so I can't really have alot of room for complaints, just making all observations known.
Old 01-15-2006, 01:33 PM

So skip the 3's and go to the 4's right.
Topper
Old 01-15-2006, 03:49 PM

I noticed the Van Aaken really kicks in between 1800 - 2400 rpm's in 3rd through 5th gear, but empty I can't feel any affect in first and second gear through the whole rev range (3.55 diff). You folks mentioned nice increases on the low end with the 1.6's, where I'd get the most use out of it. Where do I sign up?! I guess I have a new unopened set of 275's for sale, see you in the classified's very soon. P.S. I'm not running a HO Don.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:31 PM

In order to have the full advantage of the power enhancers you must understand what they are doing, you may notice in 1st and 2nd gear that the manifold pressure with no load will not peak. Once you get to third gear it takes longer to hit the governer and the engine is working harder to reach the governed rpm. In theory you are right there is no kick in the pants in the lower gear because the engine does not need the fuel to get it there. Hook onto 10,000lbs and pull a 6% hill for 2 miles and it becomes very obvious the enhancements are working. Too many owners on here spend $3-800 and expect instant race power when they actually have increased pulling ability. You don't get blown and injected 454 power from a chip slipped into a V6. The kick in the pants is really the turbo catching up to the fuel delivery in the first place. PK
Old 01-15-2006, 05:48 PM

The second to third gear spread is too wide with the 3.55. The truck can feel like a dog in this regard. I absolutely agree that the turbo will come into play more with the load. I don't have the 1.6's, but it seems some are finding better fueling low end, loaded or empty. I want to put in an injector that I'll be happy with long term. The clutch may disagree eventually, but I drive like a grandma most of the time anyway to save fuel.
Old 01-15-2006, 08:30 PM
Banned

I do lots of towing in the summer, precisely why I bought the Mach 1.6's. Coupled with the MAD ECM, and higher stall converter, it is an absolute rocket off the line and throughout the gears, whether loaded or empty, and without powerbraking. EGT's never an issue, even with tiny HY-35 with disabled wastegate. I highly recommend the Mach injectors, but if towing stick with the 1.6's(IMO), great mileage and power.
Old 01-15-2006, 10:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TORQUE
I do lots of towing in the summer, precisely why I bought the Mach 1.6's. Coupled with the MAD ECM, and higher stall converter, it is an absolute rocket off the line and throughout the gears, whether loaded or empty, and without powerbraking. EGT's never an issue, even with tiny HY-35 with disabled wastegate. I highly recommend the Mach injectors, but if towing stick with the 1.6's(IMO), great mileage and power.
what he said. when i tow its allways heavy stuff. last trip in the 22-23 K range and what a differance the mach 1.6s and a catcher make. even with heavy loads in 5th or 6th when you want to go it flat out pulls .and EGTs are no problem to control . I can set the cruise control at 55-60 on a 6% grade and only 1 time have i seen 1200 deg.the rest of the time its 1100 -1150
I will admit i was worried at first, but after my first long hard pull the power and MPGs are great and EGTS are way easy to keep safe
Old 01-16-2006, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by rebal
what he said. when i tow its allways heavy stuff. last trip in the 22-23 K range and what a differance the mach 1.6s and a catcher make. even with heavy loads in 5th or 6th when you want to go it flat out pulls .and EGTs are no problem to control . I can set the cruise control at 55-60 on a 6% grade and only 1 time have i seen 1200 deg.the rest of the time its 1100 -1150
I will admit i was worried at first, but after my first long hard pull the power and MPGs are great and EGTS are way easy to keep safe

Rebal, are you still running the stock hx35? I too am looking to run the "Smarty" and ditch my ez.

Quick Reply: F 1 injectors