Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Exhaust suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Exhaust suggestions

Well next month I will be getting gauges for my truck. I also would like to get a new exhaust, but do not know what kind of size I would like or (need) to have. I did not know if it would be best to have someone bend me the pipe in town or install one myself.

Any suggestions on where the best prices are and best product would be greatful.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:22 PM

Well you would want a 4" exhaust, and there are quite a few brands out there to look at.

Magnaflow
MBRP
Banks
Ebay for cheap

www.peirsdiesel.com
www.dieselmanor.com
www.xtremediesel.com
Old 01-30-2005, 04:13 AM

Thanks for the information.
Old 01-30-2005, 06:50 AM
Banned

A 4 inch turbo to tailpipe system will work for you, eliminate back pressure add a air intake and you will have uncorked your truck
Old 01-31-2005, 08:11 AM
Banned

dodge2000,

Well that's a real hard question to answer. How long do you plan to keep the truck, and what you plan to tow or do with it is the key to making an exhaust decision. If you plan to keep it forever get a T-304 stainless system as it will outlast me you and the truck, if you plan for a shorter period T-409 stainless will do the job. If you want inexpensive but still want quality even our MBRP aluminized will get you a long life and because it has a REAL muffler with ceramic blanket and stainless steel wool, it will kill the rasp and still have a nice deep tone. Sop many of the low priced system don't have ANY packing materail and even if ti doesn have packing the material used is a low temp fiberglass and it blows out fairly quickly, you would be suprised at the number of mufflers we sell as replacements to those customers after they have had their system for a few months etc. Our systems also have 100% welded on hangers just like the stock system and that not only its the most professional looking but the longest lasting type of system, plus it makes installation an easy one man job! The first thing to fail in a system other than the low priced mufflers is the clamp on style hangers, they generally are not plated and start rusting after the first puddle you run thru. Our welded hangers eliminate that and the clamps the join the sections are plated to last a real long time. Take a look at our site and call us if you have any questions etc, we also have sound bites and install info there.

Mark @ DPPI
Old 01-31-2005, 08:46 PM

Mark:

As of right now I plan on keeping the truck until it dies. So that will be a very long time. I do not want to spend a whole lot of money, but I do not want to scarifice quality. My question is will the t409 be a better buy over the MBRP aluminized? Will they last the same, better performance than the other?

Thanks for all the input.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:28 PM

The 409 will last longer. I have been looking for exaust for my '05 and found this place www.rpmoutlet.com they have the best prices I have found.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:50 AM

Don't worry about getting stainless steel. Diesels aren't as hard on exhaust systems as gassers are. An aluminized system will last you a long, long time. I've got an aluminized system on my 99' for 4 years now dealing with the salt and snow of Northeast winters and the only thing rusty is the mild steel clamps and hangers (and that's just light surface rust).
So don't feel that you have to break the bank on a SS system.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got my duals from rpmoutlet.com. They sell on ebay often for less then their web prices. I think it is a good exhuast system and if it rusts out I can buy a new one with the money I saved from not going with SS.
Old 02-01-2005, 03:08 AM
Banned

I agree. Stainless steel just isn't worth it. I've had aluminized on mine for 3 years now and I haven't had any troubles. This includes many trips to the beach and many romps through the salt water.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:31 AM
Banned

i just installed mine last saturday. bought it from city muffler, go to the links page for details. opted for the aluminized, good price and great service.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:55 AM

I got my aluminized from Summit, a shade over $300 shipped. It fits nice and sounds good too. Good enough to wake(and **** off) my neighbor at 5AM . He's a grumpy old fart.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:54 PM

I am looking at the package deal @ rpmoutlet.com. The package includes a afe stage 1 or AEM Brute force intake and a aluminized 4" inch exhaust for around $520 shipped. Does this sound like a good deal?

Will this setup make my truck sound like a loud monster? I really do not want to **** off my old and retired neighbors.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:00 PM

A friend of mine with a 3rd gen bought the exaust and his truck is not that much louder than stock at idle and part throttle. I am thinking about the same deal w/ a proguard and adding a TST box.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:44 PM
Banned

what's up Steve? good to see ya on here!

on 3rd gens, I'd recomend working with the stock 4" exhaust system... either straight piping it or running an aftermarket muffler.

Forrest

Quick Reply: Exhaust suggestions