Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

exhaust recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2002, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exhaust recomendations

o.k. i am 99.9% sure im gettin the truck i have been talkin about. I went and looked at it this weekend in Mn and it was in better shape then i was even expecting. took it out and put some miles on it and took it in and had it looked at by shop. checked out good. but what im getting at is the exhaust. its a virgin! never been touched,but just achin for the pipe! all 4 inches! ;D But what do you guys think about runnin duels, i kindof like stacks ,but not real popular whith my wife, but i was thinking of 4 inch from turbo and dueled 5inch outlets behind the rear tires. Does this sond like a good idea, or should i just go with a single on the side that its on but with 5 inch outlet. Have the pipe to do either one.thanx p.s. anybody besides flowmaster or janetty racing have any sound clips of the 12 or 24 valve piped? the 2 i have are good, but want more, have to wait to get diesel till i sell my gaser.. :'(
Old 11-25-2002, 09:44 PM

Re:exhaust recomendations

I put on a 4&quot; stainless system from Banks. It has a 5&quot; polished stainless tip. It has the straight through Dynaflow muffler. It sounds quiet until you open it up then it's a really deep growl! I like the sound. As for duals, they would probably look good but I doubt you would see any performance increase. I thought about going to duals with a dual outlet muffler, but decided that the single would give me the performance without the added cost. I hope you get the truck you want. Good luck.<br><br>Gary<br>
Old 11-25-2002, 10:47 PM

DooDah, I just installed the Jannetty 4&quot; with the straight through Walker muffler and like Rattle Rattle says, I love the growl........ ;D. Noticeable difference in performance also ;D<br><br>
Old 11-26-2002, 06:31 AM

I think I heard somewhere that with duals there is problems if you &quot;Y&quot; the duals out something about air getting screwed up at the &quot;y&quot;
Old 11-26-2002, 06:51 AM

I've got the Banks 4 in. stainless system with the 5 in. polished tip also, but I have NO muffler. It's straight through and sounds great. It's a long story how I ended up with Banks, but it's very pricey and I'll never buy Banks again it's to pricey. It is a good product but others will do the same for less.<br>I have no regrets for straight piping my truck, I get a smile every time I drive.<br><br> : Eddie : 8)<br><br>
Old 11-26-2002, 07:27 AM

[quote author=Jamie Attridge link=board=5;threadid=7524;start=0#72588 date=1038313907]<br>I think I heard somewhere that with duals there is problems if you &quot;Y&quot; the duals out something about air getting screwed up at the &quot;y&quot;<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>???? How would that affect anything? People run stacks all the time with no problems and you have to put the &quot;Y&quot; in to do stacks?!?!
Old 11-26-2002, 07:28 AM

Straight piped is the only way to go!!! It is seriously great remove the turbo silencer ring get a open element filter and straight pipe that puppy it is AWESOME!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2002, 08:13 AM

[quote author=97CTD link=board=5;threadid=7524;start=0#72608 date=1038317328]<br>Straight piped is the only way to go!!! It is seriously great remove the turbo silencer ring get a open element filter and straight pipe that puppy it is AWESOME!!!!!!<br>[/quote]<br><br>i totally agree, but the cops in your area may not think the same...
Old 11-26-2002, 08:51 AM

[quote author=98rammer link=board=5;threadid=7524;start=0#72627 date=1038320007]<br>[quote author=97CTD link=board=5;threadid=7524;start=0#72608 date=1038317328]<br>Straight piped is the only way to go!!! It is seriously great remove the turbo silencer ring get a open element filter and straight pipe that puppy it is AWESOME!!!!!!<br>[/quote]<br><br>i totally agree, but the cops in your area may not think the same...<br>[/quote]<br><br><br>Cops in my area dont mind but everywhere is different i live ina rural area! So taht may be the difference but most people expect a diesel to be LOUD and SMOKEY so they dont pay too much attention to it they just think it is normal....RIIIIIIGHT : hahaha
Old 11-26-2002, 09:03 AM

[quote author=bulthisl link=board=5;threadid=7524;start=0#72591 date=1038315079]<br>I've got the Banks 4 in. stainless system with the 5 in. polished tip also, but I have NO muffler. It's straight through and sounds great. It's a long story how I ended up with Banks, but it's very pricey and I'll never buy Banks again it's to pricey. It is a good product but others will do the same for less.<br>I have no regrets for straight piping my truck, I get a smile every time I drive.<br><br> : Eddie : 8)<br><br>[/quote]<br>I got the Banks stainless 4&quot; Monster Exhaust because it was the cheapest 4&quot; stainless system available. It's good quality and easy to install. No extra hangers or adapters. It bolted on without a problem. It is also constant diameter tubing, not mandrel bent with narrowing at the bends. I paid $593.10 for the complete system. The ATS stainless system was $835.00.<br><br>Gary<br>
Old 11-26-2002, 09:54 AM

The two cops that live around me have straight piped ctd's one is a 95 and the other is a 00
Old 11-26-2002, 10:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Rip, may still have a SS magnaflow system on the shelf at a great price.<br><br>Also check out his Allied system the sound is awesome<br><br>Rips site
Old 11-26-2002, 10:29 AM
KC

I have a straight pipe as well, the set up is not as load as some other gas engine running around as well as some of the motorcycles that drive through.<br><br>KC
Old 11-26-2002, 12:00 PM

[quote author=rattle_rattle link=board=5;threadid=7524;start=0#72653 date=1038323035]<br>[quote author=bulthisl link=board=5;threadid=7524;start=0#72591 date=1038315079]<br>I've got the Banks 4 in. stainless system with the 5 in. polished tip also, but I have NO muffler. It's straight through and sounds great. It's a long story how I ended up with Banks, but it's very pricey and I'll never buy Banks again it's to pricey. It is a good product but others will do the same for less.<br>I have no regrets for straight piping my truck, I get a smile every time I drive.<br><br> : Eddie : 8)<br><br>[/quote]<br>I got the Banks stainless 4&quot; Monster Exhaust because it was the cheapest 4&quot; stainless system available. It's good quality and easy to install. No extra hangers or adapters. It bolted on without a problem. It is also constant diameter tubing, not mandrel bent with narrowing at the bends. I paid $593.10 for the complete system. The ATS stainless system was $835.00.<br><br>Gary<br><br>[/quote]<br>Gary;<br>The Banks is very good quality for sure, but I had some probs. with their shipping and then I had to cut pipes and the hangers still didn't line up exactly.<br>I've also got the Banks brake, The downpipe came with it.<br>After deducting that and the muff. I ended up with about $420 in it. I just had a bad experience with them and then they try to make it where you can't interchange with other products.<br><br> : Eddie : 8)
Old 11-26-2002, 12:06 PM

[quote author=97CTD link=board=5;threadid=7524;start=0#72647 date=1038322318]<br>Cops in my area dont mind but everywhere is different i live ina rural area! So taht may be the difference but most people expect a diesel to be LOUD and SMOKEY so they dont pay too much attention to it they just think it is normal....RIIIIIIGHT : hahaha<br>[/quote]<br><br>well, i'm somewhat rural. there's lots of people, but there's a lot more trees. i can't take it- i'm going to straight pipe it again right now... ;D

Quick Reply: exhaust recomendations