Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Exhaust brake & 60# Springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 11:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pittom
but how do they work on a auto?
You need some kind of a torque converter lock up...

it locks the torque converter to the engine, even when letting off the throttle... so it acts like a manual!

without it, it doesnt help, since whjen you let of the pedal, the rpm goes to idle... and if you put the brake on, tt will only idle lower, or kill it sometimes (thats what ive seen)
Old 06-06-2006, 12:16 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Clayten
I have sat and thought about about this comment and enough is enough. As a salesman he is full of s#$t. Pack Brake makes a similar system to allow full brakeing at low rpm it is the PRXB. I am not connected with Pac Brake.
I have hauled many a load down slippery roads. We used to have what is knowen as a 3 stage jake to compensate for the road condition, not only that an engine brake loses braking power at lower rpm.
I have Pack Brack none PRXB. Now if I need to have more brakeing power I will shift down to bring up the rpm.The real power to this system is I can control how much rear wheel brake power I am applying.If you are going down a slippery road and use full rear wheal exhaust brake power pulling a trailer JACKKNIFE. Kantdrive55 you might what to think about the safety of your cutomers over a sale.
Clayten,

First off without ever talking to me you might want to rethink your comments about being full of it. Being that we have been manufacturing brakes for around 15 years or so I would think we knew what we were doing, but enough with that.

In situations where road conditions are bad enough to concerned with jackknife your rpms should be at the point where they are going to be low enough to not lock the brakes. If you chose to downshift and bring the rpm up it doesnt matter whos brake is on it as far as locking the tires. Safety is the reason that we make the brake.