Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Excursion Vs. Me

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by chaos24valve
Hush woman! Lol. Ill have none of that. Just ya wait!
Might wanna use the quote button. It does wonders. Cory doesnt like being called a woman either just because he came to the last meet without his truck. Just give him a break.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:06 AM

Like I said, None of that. just because I have bigger tires that you quit trying to compensate with little remarks
Old 09-02-2005, 06:54 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Keep it on topic or this thread will be shut down.

Ed
Old 09-02-2005, 07:07 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Keep it on topic or this thread will be shut down.

Ed
Ah..kids...
Old 09-02-2005, 12:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now I didnt exactly

Buy my rig right away, My first truck was a 1983 F 150 4x4, 4 speed, it was an 800 dollar truck, that got me thru high school, The next step was actually better. I got a full paid university scholarship and my mom and dad told me for my hard work that theyd get me a better truck... Anyways, I told them that i wanted a REGULER CAB (boy was I a dum dum back then, well some things never change ) F 250, diesel, 4 wheel drive, with a five speed, Sure enough they got it for me, at 4800 bucks, a 1993 F 250 IDI with 120K miles.. Divorce sale. After that it was all me afterwards, and to make a long story short, my ram came up, i sold the ford, and with a "student loan" I within 48 hours sold the ford, and paid for the ram, and drove it home on a tuesday afternoon. This was after i stripped some stuff off the Old IDI...

the only thing i forgot was the Keith Whitley Greatest hits cd i left in the case in the glovebox

Other than that ive been on my own for truck payments, repairs, and anything else. But id say a nice ride was a reward for my hard work in school, at home, with the horses, cattle, and so on and so forth....

Heck even if i was a parent that be the option id take, hard workin kid deserves a "nice" truck, the rest to make it "nicer" is up to him or her..

Tx
Old 09-02-2005, 01:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GSP
How does a 17 year old get a $ 30 + grand truck?

Wish I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth!!!
I have to agree with GSP on this one, when I was in high school my most expensive "ride" was 500 bucks!!
Old 09-02-2005, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chaos....when most people say straight pipe, they mean at least 4"......that helps keep egts' down

I'd only agree to race him IF he agres to hook em up back to back to back if he wins the race. that way, at least the bragging rights wouldbe even.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mcmopar
I have to agree with GSP on this one, when I was in high school my most expensive "ride" was 500 bucks!!
I dont think $500 will get you anything this day in time. Maybe the 72 Tempo. I wasnt fed with a silver spoon. I worked since I was 12. I had access to money and when I found the truck I wanted when I was 15. I took out a loan and payed it off. Just like anyone else would have done. Personally I dont think many kids are "fed with the silver spoon" that are driving dodge diesels, considering I have the only one at school (2200 kids). Most kids that get everything they want are driving New Z71s and sports cars and suvs. Not many "kids" decide they want a diesel.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k1yzfr1
I dont think $500 will get you anything this day in time. Maybe the 72 Tempo. I wasnt fed with a silver spoon. I worked since I was 12. I had access to money and when I found the truck I wanted when I was 15. I took out a loan and payed it off. Just like anyone else would have done. Personally I dont think many kids are "fed with the silver spoon" that are driving dodge diesels, considering I have the only one at school (2200 kids). Most kids that get everything they want are driving New Z71s and sports cars and suvs. Not many "kids" decide they want a diesel.

Not true, everywhere I go the kids around here want a Diesel, might be a chevy, ford or Dodge-but they still want one. Most of the cars you mentioned can be had for a whole bunch less than a CTD. And actually it was in the 80's when I got my first car, I had to save for college so the 500 car was all I could afford and still save for my future!!
Old 09-03-2005, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mcmopar
Not true, everywhere I go the kids around here want a Diesel, might be a chevy, ford or Dodge-but they still want one. Most of the cars you mentioned can be had for a whole bunch less than a CTD. And actually it was in the 80's when I got my first car, I had to save for college so the 500 car was all I could afford and still save for my future!!
Well sorry buddy this isnt the 80s. And if you can find me a NEW Z71,sports car, or SUV for around 15k let me know. Ill be interested in ALL that you find. I also worked my *** off to afford my truck. It gets old how people complain and everything about how mommy and daddy paid for my truck. Not all teenagers are the ones that waste all there money on drugs and dont ever amount to anything.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:06 AM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
The topic of this thread is not "How someone came to be driving a Cummins diesel pickup."

Back on topic please.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:06 AM
Registered

I wasnt fed with a silver spoon. I worked since I was 12. I had access to money and when I found the truck I wanted when I was 15. I took out a loan and payed it off. Just like anyone else would have done. Personally I dont think many kids are "fed with the silver spoon" that are driving dodge diesels, considering I have the only one at school (2200 kids). Most kids that get everything they want are driving New Z71s and sports cars and suvs. Not many "kids" decide they want a diesel.

yeah, theres only one CTD at my school. and theres only one 57 chevy at my school too. and i do believe that im the only guy there that has 2 rigs, both paid for by my self.

It gets old how people complain and everything about how mommy and daddy paid for my truck.
im agreeing here too. not every teen gets everything they want. . .
Old 09-03-2005, 08:08 AM
Registered

WHOOPS sorry shovelhead. didnt see your post. now back to the topic, go out there and hook bumpers with the ferd. make sure to get it on viedo
Old 09-03-2005, 09:42 AM

careful of hookin up. I have a diesel excursion also and it is one heavy vehicle maybe heavier than my truck! power should go to the cummins but u never know. I could hook my two and see but Don't like the possible outcome of breaking my excursion. lol
Old 09-03-2005, 12:29 PM

I am going to have a friend help me do my TC lockup switch today or tomorrow, so I think that might help with some given slipping issues, but thanks for all your help and arguments...lol You guys rock! Thats why I am a member! Lol

Quick Reply: Excursion Vs. Me