Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Excursion Vs. Me

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im 15 and i have a 20,000 dodge and another 18,000 dollar chevy. Paid for the chevy as i built it, see gallery. worked my butt off for 4 or 5 years in my dads turkeyhouses and earnd every bit of it. Now that i got the dodge, my folks made me go to the bank and take out a loan for it. and they dont pay for a red cent of it. and my wood processor, again see gallery, they made me go take out a loan for that too. (16,000) im payin for both, the dodge and the processor, by cutting fire wood. i have a big contract with a local lodge here. So its may be rare, but there are young teens out there they acually buy their own rides.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:51 PM

If you kept up with him stock all you need is an edge comp without the wire tapped. It makes a HUGE difference in power. Maybe straight pipe it. Get an exhaust gauge first so you don't melt a piston and get the other gauges later.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Registered

yeah a comp is going to be your best bet i think. straight pipes sound awesome. ya should do that jsut because go ahead and tap your wire. why buy the comp if your not going to tap it, right?
Old 09-01-2005, 10:26 PM

Im also 17(be 18 in November), and my dad bought my truck, but thats because i have been helping him square bale hay since i was 7 years old, so instead of getting paid for it, i got the truck($8800 after taxes). Everything else besides insurance i have paid for and done myself. I also co-op with school and leave at 11:20 every day to go to a job when i find one.

Eric
Old 09-01-2005, 10:41 PM

Yea us little punk kids can do stuff for ourself. Me Im 17 Ive been workin every summer since I was 15yrs 40 to 65hrs a week then with school I get out at 1pm and go to work 6 days a week and get 30hrs a week. I bought my truck and pay for all the maintenence and fuel cost only thing that my parents pay for is my insurance.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:53 PM

Good going guys!
I had a 2000 F350 PSD I got for 23k when I was 16 with the help of a co-sign on a loan with the parents.. Made all the payments including some 10k in mods & repairs. Of course I was putting in 50+ hours a week in while going to high school.

Sold my Ford this spring, paid off the loan and I'm now going on 19 years old.
Got a loan on my own and picked up my Dodge in March. Picked it up for 11k and I am happier with the Dodge overall.. more powerful and the truck feels "lighter" overall.. Much better ride too!
Also have my own place now and have big plans with the business and the truck.

As far as the original topic.. I guess spend the money if you want.. Kids these days.. so competitive.. especially if they're defending daddy's truck.. I got that a lot when I had my Ford..
When I was a Junior I had a bunch of guys taunting me that a Senior wanted to pull back to back with me.. with his 2003 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L gasser auto.. vs my F350.
I kind of brushed it off...... when I finally did talk to the actual KID that owned the truck, he said he didn't want to and he knew I would win.. LOL The hype these kids create...
Old 09-01-2005, 11:04 PM

Lol Ok. Lets get a few things straight here with MY TRUCK, I took out the loan with a cosign with my mom, I put 10k down on the truck and I am now paying the 7k off over the next 2 years. I work a 30 hour week and I pay for all my own stuff, except insurance, my parents were nice enough to cover that. As for people saying " Straight Pipe it!" read my Sig. Now then, there are three kids at my school who didnt pay a cent on their trucks, and they have the nicest rigs in the school. BUt I PAYED for mine, and my other two that are now out of the way. My parents just dont give me stuff, I have worked my *** off since I was 8, working with my dad ( horses and such) and now I have had two jobs. One rather crappy one at safeway and a really good one at Massage Envy where the pay rocks and it is very nice. Now that that is settled. ( PS My dad rarely lets me drive his trucks...afraid Id wreck em)

And BTW. I only payed 17 for my ram about 3 months ago, so I think I got a good deal on it, not the 30k or even 20k K thx.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:09 PM

Like I said, good going Chaos24 Valve, good for you man

There aren't too many of us out there that actually work for our vehicles.. seems the parents give the kids everything these days.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:44 PM

Originally posted by BigBlue
Get the comp. You'll be glad you did cause once you get the tranny built you can tap the wire and have 120 extra hp instead of only having 60. The 275's make a nice improvement with the EZ but probably not enough to justify the cost. I'd look into a set of mach 1.5's with the comp in EZ mode. That should be the absolute limit of your tranny/fuel system/turbo. Don't forget that before you do anything that you need to get a set of gauges on that thing. Fuel Pressure and EGT being most important followed by tranny temp and boost.
Too bad it still isnt enough to beat a slow 12 valve. Mabe you need some mach 1.5s Tyler.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:48 PM

Im going to drive out there and slap you one of these days. -.- and then beat your truck into the ground
Old 09-01-2005, 11:52 PM

Originally posted by 2k1yzfr1
Too bad it still isnt enough to beat a slow 12 valve. Mabe you need some mach 1.5s Tyler.
HAHA your never gonna let it go are you til he gets his lil tranny in and stomps you in the ground and if he cant do it I will
Old 09-01-2005, 11:56 PM

Originally posted by fordsux8269
HAHA your never gonna let it go are you til he gets his lil tranny in and stomps you in the ground and if he cant do it I will

haha maybe one of these days. Well you didnt bring your truck Sunday. I showed up..late.. But I was there ready to race. Next meet well go play. Maybe Ill have injectors by then.
Old 09-01-2005, 11:57 PM

thanks for that ..encouragement? Lol. I agree with yer name at least. lol
Old 09-01-2005, 11:58 PM

Originally posted by chaos24valve
Im going to drive out there and slap you one of these days. -.- and then beat your truck into the ground
Better get after it while diesel is still cheap. Beat it into the ground huh? All youll be beating is your head into the steering wheel as your watching my tailgate disappear.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:00 AM

Hush woman! Lol. Ill have none of that. Just ya wait!

Quick Reply: Excursion Vs. Me