Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Excursion Vs. Me

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 02:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excursion Vs. Me

alrighty folks, for those who dont know me, Im only 17, so still stuck in highschool with all the ferd loving freaks out here in smalltown -.- Now onto business, one kid I know wants to race me with Daddy's excursion, and this excursion aint exactly stock. Now, I am trying to think of the right combo and such for my truck to run this guy into the ground, but at the moment thr $$ is in short supply due to 3.00 a gallon. I have a 24 valve so I know mechanical mods are sorta out of the question, its times like these i wish I had a 12ver to do some fuel plate fun. Anyways, any input on the subject is great, I just got my BHAF today! Yeehaw! Just for kicks i was thinking of doing 215 injectors and a Van Aaken, think that would work? Thanks guys!
Old 09-01-2005, 02:59 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Not sure I follow the logic.
You're 17 year's old, in school, on a very limited budget, fuel prices are outta sight, and you want to spend your sparse money for mods to race some lame kid's DAD'S truck, .......WHY?
Old 09-01-2005, 03:05 PM

I personally would tell this joker to get his own ride before telling me something about mine.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:08 PM

Lol ok let me clear this up, I am not on that much of a budjet, when I say save money, I mean keep it below the 600 dollar range for now..I dont have to pay for a lot of things wiht my truck, but then others I have to, I just want to shut some people up about dodge. that is my main thing, but I have time, it isnt like I am going to do this overnight ya know?!
Old 09-01-2005, 03:12 PM

I'd tell Bonzo-Boy when he gets his own truck, to look you up.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"I'm not going to race you, because that's your daddy's truck and I know that if I did race you MY truck would loose..."

Not racing somebody because their truck is their daddy's is kind of a cope out... You guys are worse than those you make fun of sometimes...

$600.00 should get a box, right? With BHAF and straight pipe, that should be respectable...
Old 09-01-2005, 03:25 PM

Originally posted by Begle1
"I'm not going to race you, because that's your daddy's truck......."

I think that part said enough.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Ok, to answer the question that was actually asked .........get yourself a Comp if you want the most bang for the buck....If you are referring to RV275's when you said 215's (those are for 12v's), don't bother.....a Van Aaken or EZ with 275's still won't make quite as much power as a 5x5'd Comp and will set you back more money.....when you have more money, add a set 100 hp sticks to the Comp and then your rig will really be producing the jam! You are embarking down an expensive road......fuel system mods, 4" exhaust, a better intake and gauges will all be required to safely and properly fuel for this much power......START SAVING!!
Old 09-01-2005, 04:05 PM

Already have lol, so far the Van Aaken will be ordered sometime soon, and then after that a new tranny, sounds a little goofy I know, but I would rather just get that part over and done with. Goerends sounded good, so I believe I will go with them. BUt yeah thanks for input, and yes i realize that it is " Daddy's truck" I could just take my dads 03 ( that is being traded in tomorrow ;. with the Edge Attitude and Do some smoking, I would rather do it with my own, plus gives me the mods I want a little quicker

should I really get a Comp? Lol I guess that will be the only thing cheaper than sticks and an EZ or VA oh well lol, wire tapping here I come.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:07 PM

DONT FORGET TRANNY WORK!!!

Edit- nevermind
Old 09-01-2005, 04:17 PM
Banned

Get the comp. You'll be glad you did cause once you get the tranny built you can tap the wire and have 120 extra hp instead of only having 60. The 275's make a nice improvement with the EZ but probably not enough to justify the cost. I'd look into a set of mach 1.5's with the comp in EZ mode. That should be the absolute limit of your tranny/fuel system/turbo. Don't forget that before you do anything that you need to get a set of gauges on that thing. Fuel Pressure and EGT being most important followed by tranny temp and boost.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:30 PM

I got a comp and 150 hp jammer nozzles and I can only run the comp on 1.5 anything else it smokes like a shrimp boat, so now I need more air bigger turbo, dont think it will ever end. Run him at your current level and see what happens and if you dont win you have a base line to go by, remember you can not win them all and there is always someone faster. SPEED COSTS$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
later bro
Old 09-01-2005, 06:34 PM

Like I said before, thanks a lot guys, everyones input is important, and actually I had a run in with him at a stoplight about 45 minutes ago lol. And the surprising thing ( to me) is that my truck runs with his just fine, it wont pass it, but it will stay right there with it, I called him on my cell and had him pull into the parking lot of the school, were I come to find his " Kickass Mods" Include a 4'' exhaust system and some sort of little tuner...no gauges either...just made me think...when will ferd people learn?
Old 09-01-2005, 06:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a better idea

Why dont u hook him up? he he he he, i guarantee he will shut up or wimp out... eitherways, with that van aaken alone i think ud blow him off the road..

Tx
Old 09-01-2005, 07:19 PM
GSP

How does a 17 year old get a $ 30 + grand truck?

Wish I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth!!!

Quick Reply: Excursion Vs. Me