Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Everyone point and laugh...........

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone point and laugh...........

Everyone point and laught at...........................me! My truck sat at the shop for 4 weeks because the IP was bad I thought. My mechanic and I talked 3-4 times a week, and he tells me the same thing everytime, "I dont know whats wrong yet but Im gonna try to blah blah blah tomorrow" Well 4 weeks ago when I took it to him the truck had a full tank a diesel, well some biodiesel (10 gal) and the rest pump diesel. Well when I went to pick it up it had a half a tank. At this point Im taking it to a well know diesel mechanic in my hometown, 2 and a half hours from Lubbock, TX were I go to school. Right now Im running injectors only no box. After running some errends in it and driving to and from work, I get on the highway (most of you are probably asking why I risk a breakdown in the middle of nowhere with a pump that has been bad for a month, well.........so was I) With about an 1/8 of a tank left my water in fuel light comes on, and I just keep trucking. I pull over about 30 minutes later and as I pull into the gas station my truck dies, as it has been doing for a month. Well I put $20 or about 1 gal roughly in the truck and at this point Im an hour from home. So about 10 minutes later my water in fuel light goes off. Now the little hampster in my head starts to run. What if the biodiesel I got was bad? I had just now got it all run out of the tank. So I gun it run it up to 2500rpm in 5th and kick it in nuetral, usually my truck would shudder and die, it now drops down to 750rpm and purrs like no other. I stop on the side of the road right there and plug the EZ back in, romp through the gears and drop it in nuetral and it idles great. Since then I have ran 2 tanks through it pulled a trailer and not one single ounce of trouble.

Moral of the story..........Dont buy biodiesel out of a garage from a drinkin' buddy.

But Im really glad I didnt have to put a new IP in after its all said and done.

Now you can all laugh at me
Old 07-04-2006, 10:32 PM

No laugh at all. Everybody has done some thing like you went through, they just don't tell anybody, myself included!
Old 07-06-2006, 10:58 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Yes, I'd say "Buy-yo diesel" from someone else, haha.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:14 PM

You may want to drain your fuel filter housing and or change the fuel filter. Glad it is running for you now! "Stuff" happens.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:46 PM

i dont understand when you make biodiesel most of the water is evaporated from batch when you make it unless there not doing something wrong or they do speed batchs which is the new setup a lot of people are trying now.. If you want to run biodiesel from this guy again and ave a garage next time just buy some and put in a drum then when you get home keep it uncapped and the water will evaporate from it over a few days.... This is what i do i have my finish product go into a 3 different 55 gallon drums i leave it in the corner of the garage for a few days and i just keep track of which one been sitting the longest.. also if you want to quicken the dewatering run a fan over the tank and the wind will carry the water away in the stream of wind....
Old 07-06-2006, 02:36 PM

Not laughing, I, for one, appricate you telling your experience. Bad Bio. Now it is something to keep in mind if have wierd problem as you had.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Chapter President

What town are you from? For 1 I'm curious and 2 I want to avoid the bad bio and 3 where else are you buying your bio?
Old 07-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Banned

that wasn't bio diesel, it was processed beer...........
Old 07-06-2006, 09:49 PM

Well beer, vodka, gas, or sewage.......whatever is was its gone and my truck is back.

I bought the bio from a friend in Lubbock. He is a chemistry major at Tech, dont know where the batch went wrong, I talked to him he doesnt know either.

Thanks for not laughing too loud. My parents were aweful glad to hear that as well, just kinda wondering why I was buying diesel out of a freinds garage too, I told them it was $1.50 gal.

Now I can get my smarty or comp maybe, first a clutch