Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Espar/Webasto Heater Mounting

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 12:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Espar/Webasto Heater Mounting

For those out there with an Espar, or a Webasto coolant heater, where did you mount the unit? There seems to be an open spot near the fender, right across from the LP. But I'd need to fab a bracket for that, and its cold, and I'm lazy. Also, near the front of the cab, where the metal fuel lines go to rubber (atleast on my truck) looks like a possible place, but I'm thinking road debris might become an issue. Last thing I want is to knock that thing off, then lose all my coolant. I thought about mounting it on the engine where stock LP goes, but I'm sure the vibrations would tear it up. Would make the fuel and coolant connections a snap though.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:41 AM

It's my understanding that they mount on the frame alongside the power steering pump, in that area.

Guy here in town mounted his under the bed in front of the passenger rear wheel. Tucked way up almost against the bottom of the box. It has a whole bunch of extra heater hoses but keeps the engins compartment from being to cramped.

When I go the Espar route, I'm mounting mine in the same space. Closer to the fuel tank, protected and easier to get to.

Jeff
Old 01-13-2007, 01:38 AM

got mine in my tool box driver side, keeps all the road salt and junk off the heater. keeps my battery's warm also. If you mount it under the frame I have a factory box that i would't mind getting rid of.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:34 AM

Tate mine is mounted on the inside of the left frame rail right beside frount drive shaft hoses run over the bell housing. Its been they 3 years with no probs just a little gress from the CV joint.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:46 PM

I'm thinking that will be likely the place I'm gonna mount it. Then get a chunk of stainless that I have laying around bent up as a sheild from debris, or see what tha box from Joker looks like. Supposed to warm up on Monday, so hopefully I can start at the fuel tank and start running my line, and install my drawstraw and new fuel level sending unit. Glad I'm carpooling now.