Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Engine running in Limp Mode with Edge Comp

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Engine running in Limp Mode with Edge Comp

I just got done installing the comp and my check engine light won't go out, and the engine is in limp mode. I checked the codes and all I got was the companion code (1693). Anyone have any ideas? I followed all the instructions, but I might have missed something.

Thanks!
Rat
Old 06-07-2007, 01:23 PM

Bump. I just got back from autozone and they checked the codes and got P0237 I think...or "low input to the super boost censor". I've checked the MAP censor connections several times...what else can I do?
Old 06-07-2007, 01:25 PM

It might be pulling to much voltage form your map sensor. check conector for corrosion.
Old 06-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Limp mode for the engine? I've never heard of this before. What is the truck doing performance wise?
Old 06-07-2007, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mike D
Limp mode for the engine? I've never heard of this before. What is the truck doing performance wise?
It doesn't accelerate worth poo. In 4th gear it feels like im only pressing half-throttle when i have it stuck to the floor. I couldn't get above 55 going up a shallow hill while ago
Old 06-07-2007, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by bway1341
It might be pulling to much voltage form your map sensor. check conector for corrosion.
Ok, Do I need to start it several times to reset the codes, or will it get out of limp mode once I get everything corrected right?
Old 06-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Chapter President

Did you tap the wire with the comp? Do you have any smoke? How is the wategate being controlled. A bad map sensor could cause an issue, but the Comp should still fuel without it. You can try to disconnect the MAP to see if that changes anything.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mike D
Did you tap the wire with the comp? Do you have any smoke? How is the wategate being controlled. A bad map sensor could cause an issue, but the Comp should still fuel without it. You can try to disconnect the MAP to see if that changes anything.
Yeah, I tapped it, and I can't see any smoke. I'll try disconnecting the MAP and see what happens
Old 06-07-2007, 02:23 PM

Unplugged the MAP and no change...any other ideas?
Old 06-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Chapter President

It's got to be a box issue. It's hard to guess what might be wrong. Other than double, triple checking your connections. I would call Edge to see if they can help troubleshoot.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:15 PM

Make sure you have the power wire in the correct fuse location. It needs a constant 12v power source, not a keyed source.

If you stick it on a keyed source you will get a 0237 code the first time you turn the truck off. If you clear it and start it, then it should run good. The first time you kill it the light will come back.

That or the MAP circuit is no Bueno for some reason.

the 0237 code is the only one that will put you in a derated mode.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by qzilla
Make sure you have the power wire in the correct fuse location. It needs a constant 12v power source, not a keyed source.

If you stick it on a keyed source you will get a 0237 code the first time you turn the truck off. If you clear it and start it, then it should run good. The first time you kill it the light will come back.

That or the MAP circuit is no Bueno for some reason.

the 0237 code is the only one that will put you in a derated mode.
Are you sure it has to be a constant? The Manual says "verify this circuit has power while starting and when the engine is running and no power when it is off."

I called Edge, and he said give it a few starts to let the code clear and that's about all they could tell me. so im going to go do that in a bit
Old 06-07-2007, 04:56 PM

Welp, no dice...I tried everything and still nothing works, so I guess I will call edge tomorrow and send it back for another one
Old 06-07-2007, 05:11 PM

I see that is what they say but, just for giggles plug it into a constant power supply.

Here is what happens.

When you are dealing directly with the pump you need 12v power to run the components. The MAP sensor is run off of 5v and is on a different power supply circuit.

When the comp turns off that power to a keyed source goes off instantly. The ECM is expecting to see a gradual fall on the MAP sensor. Because the MAP sensor is esentially spliced into when the comp shuts power off the send a 0v signal to the ECM via the MAP and it thinks there is an overboost problem because the map sensor dies or turns off much slower. SO as soon as you turn the truck off you have 0237 and the truck is in limp mode.

Now, it may take a while to turn the code of but, I am almost certain this is the case.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:07 PM
BBA

qzilla should have hit it right on the money i had a friend with the same problem. He came over so i could see if i could find them problem well i checked everything a couple of times decided to see what fuse he was using and sure enough i moved it and next thing ya know everything worked MUCH better.

Quick Reply: Engine running in Limp Mode with Edge Comp