Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

emsoffroad hub conversion review

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 12:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
emsoffroad hub conversion review

Well I finally got it done. I have lock out hubs on my 98 dually. I love em. For the money I dont see a good reason to go another way. The kit was complete, even the bolts. I m running a ford dually hub now, so the only unforseen thing was that my alcoa wheels (and I supose stock dodge wheels) do not have the same hub circle diameter. They are about an 1/8 th different on diameter, the ford hub being slightly bigger so my wheels wouldn t fit. They would go on over the ford dually hub by a tad. Easy solution....die grinder......after a few minutes with a dies grinder and some wd40 on my alcoas they slipped right on. You do need to be careful since the wheel centers on the hub, so nice even pressure and speed on the inside of my wheels, with checking and more checking to make sure not to go to far. I checked the wheel run out and I couldnt really measure any, the tires appear way worse then the wheels.

Driving....it seems to run better, but for the last month before I found out about the unit bearing going bad, the brake was dragging due to the unit bearing be smoked. So go figure it seems faster. I m betting on substantially better milage partly due to the brake shoes dragging.

The lock out hubs work cool, easy, look good, and I can take it apart easy, unlike a unit bearing.

2lo is pretty cool too since I back up a big trailer.

emsoffroad.com is their web site, I dealt with Eric and as far as I know I got the very first kit available.