Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Emjay Mount Rusting

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 10:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Emjay Mount Rusting

Just wanted to warn others to check your Emjay mounting location for rust. In my case I mounted mine on the fender well since I have the Scotty II and cannot mount it in the suggested location due to that huge hole in the cowl. ;D When I removed the Emjay to get the Lock N Launch update I noticed that the fender well was starting to rust around where I drilled one of the the mounting holes.
In my case, I sanded it, put some touch-up paint on it, then put battery terminal sealer on it (all I had on hand), put grease on and through the holes, and mounted the Emjay on rubber fawcet washers so it would not make contact with the metal and cannot rub.
This may not affect those of you in dryer climates, but we've had quite a rainy season here in Virginia and I guess that was a contributing factor.

This may apply to other components you have mounted under the hood so keep it in mind.

Chris