Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

EGTs with stage 5 jammers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 07:48 PM
GFB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EGTs with stage 5 jammers?

How high would you expect my EGTs to get with stage 5 nozzles? I just bought a set but am starting to rethink my decision (not installed yet). I really want more fuel down low, but am wondering if the EGTs will get out of control. I'm waiting a response from an ad in the classifieds on a smarty I want to buy. I think that might be a better choice (run in fuel only setting w/ ottomind). How about with the jammers and smarty?

Turbo has banks "quickturbo" turbine housing with bighead wastegate. I was told this is a 14cm housing.

Is it gonna be too toasty?
Old 06-06-2007, 08:00 PM
BBA

my EGT's get pretty high up there at WOT but just crusing around its not to bad which i have stock turbo and a 4" exhaust but really for my situation its not to bad. Not sure if that helped any or not. I dont rember right off the bat what they actually get to. if you want to know anything else i would be glad to help.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:46 PM
GFB

Well, if I can't do run a quarter mile at WOT then I'll have to go a different route. I don't plan on upgrading my turbo anytime soon.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:27 PM

Jammer 5's

I installed the 5's and a 5" exhaust at the same time.. I love the injectors except the idle. it lopes sometimes like it is a big block with a cam, but I get over that when I hit the pedal. the highest egt I have seen is around 950, I dont have any type of box yet, so I am sure it will get hotter when that is added.... running stock turbo too..just cruisin around about 575 to mid 600 hope that helps
Old 06-06-2007, 09:35 PM
GFB

Originally Posted by Jester1040
I installed the 5's and a 5" exhaust at the same time.. I love the injectors except the idle. it lopes sometimes like it is a big block with a cam, but I get over that when I hit the pedal. the highest egt I have seen is around 950, I dont have any type of box yet, so I am sure it will get hotter when that is added.... running stock turbo too..just cruisin around about 575 to mid 600 hope that helps

temps pre or post turbo? Those seem pretty low. I cruise around 800-900, and well, I can't hold the thing at WOT too long because my fuel pressure drops below 5psi. Hurry up UPS man with mah walbro!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 09:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I'd throw them in. I have a BHAF, strait pipe exhaust, EZ on highest setting and these injectors and the HIGHEST I've ever seen in the 5 months i've had them is 1300. usually in it all the way will peak up and tap 1300 in 3rd but once it hits 4th then lockup its back down... my filter is pretty darn dirty too (over a year on it). plus they are a VERY nice increase in power, just expect a slight haze coming off a stop unless your VERY careful (under 5psi boost acceleration) Hope this helps, I doubt you'll be disappointed.
TNutcher
Old 06-06-2007, 09:52 PM
GFB

Originally Posted by TNutcher
I'd throw them in. I have a BHAF, strait pipe exhaust, EZ on highest setting and these injectors and the HIGHEST I've ever seen in the 5 months i've had them is 1300. usually in it all the way will peak up and tap 1300 in 3rd but once it hits 4th then lockup its back down... my filter is pretty darn dirty too (over a year on it). plus they are a VERY nice increase in power, just expect a slight haze coming off a stop unless your VERY careful (under 5psi boost acceleration) Hope this helps, I doubt you'll be disappointed.
TNutcher
now worried about smoke. if anything, that'll save fuel because I'll be light on the pedal when taking off.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:11 PM
BBA

Truthfully i like um alot! Like was said before i dont really like the way the idle. But when i first put them in it was a stock truck except for my intake. I could tell a HUGE difference as soon i hit the road. Then as soon as i put the comp box on about a week later it was just a WOW compared to my buddys truck with just the edge comp. I say go for it you wont be dissapointed. Oh yea andit smokes pretty good with just the injectors too. Just incase you were wondering.

If ya wanna see tons of smoke add something else with it!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:20 PM

Ive been running mine for about a year now and the hottest ive ever got was 1400@WOT. mine is mounted pre turbo.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:44 PM

Definate mileage gains on them too lol well mainly like said above that if your concerned about not leaving a cloud you'll baby it. Mine went from 16-18 after the swap. . . and nice to leave a cloud when desired lol!!
TNutcher
Old 06-07-2007, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by GFB
temps pre or post turbo? Those seem pretty low. I cruise around 800-900, and well, I can't hold the thing at WOT too long because my fuel pressure drops below 5psi. Hurry up UPS man with mah walbro!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am in the same situation as far as fuel pressure, so I guess when I have a more consistent fuel pressure and can stay in it longer they will get hotter. I have a fass in the garage just have to get the time to put it on..
Old 06-07-2007, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by GFB
....Turbo has banks "quickturbo" turbine housing with bighead wastegate. I was told this is a 14cm housing.
Is it gonna be too toasty?
The 14 cm turbine housing will make the Jammer 5's OK. You may be able to hit 1500* at the track but for well under 10 sec (my personal limit over 1200*). no problems on the road. IMO.
Smarty (on odd # settings) & Jammers would be great combo...w/o ottomind.

With the 5 sp you can control EGT's more easily than an auto.

RJ
Old 06-07-2007, 07:46 AM

RJ hit the nail on the head.

My egt's are at 650-750 just cruising in overdrive with the boxes turned off. Smoke is easily controlled with the fuel boxes turned off. Smoke is pretty hard for me to control when the Smarty is loaded and the Juice is turned on however. I will pull out some where and forget about the throttle response of the Smarty and leave a pretty good trail of smoke behind and not even know it. While it maybe pretty cool that is definitely not what I want to do.