Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Egde drag hottt??

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Egde drag hottt??

I want some more power for my rig but i cant decide weather i want to dish the money out for the smarty or stage 3 injectors. I already have the edge with attitude and its a 100$ to get the unlock code i just dont kno what im gettin does anyone know how much power it gives you or if its safe to use in a everyday driver?? I have an upgraded clutch but its rated at 550Hp and 1500Ft Tq
Old 03-03-2008, 12:29 PM
JIT

No power gains for the 2nd gen. Juice w/att. Just more agressive fueling from what I've been told! I would go with Smarty!
Old 03-03-2008, 12:50 PM

Smarty is an awfully expensive upgrade for little gain.

My vote would be injectors, or sell the Juice/Att and go with an Adrenaline which fuels as hard if not better than a Smarty/Edge stack.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:08 PM

I would get injectors. They will wake up your truck. If you think your truck runs good now, you will be blown away when you put in a good set of injectors.

On my old 01, I used to just run the drag comp. Then I installed some DD Mega Mentals which are rated for 150 hp gain, WOW! My truck turned into a hot rod. I know if you buy them new, they are expensive. I bought mine used with around 5000 miles on them for $655 on eBay.

I ran the stock turbo on it and when the turbo spooled up, the smoke cleaned up to a slight haze, which is perfect IMO.

So what im sayin is, for the money, I would buy injectors, hands down.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:11 PM

go with injectors then if you really want a smarty later on, watch the classifieds cuz there will be a lot for sale when people start getting the adrenaline.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:41 PM
JIT

Originally Posted by Bjans
go with injectors then if you really want a smarty later on, watch the classifieds cuz there will be a lot for sale when people start getting the adrenaline.
Good point! I tried the smarty after I had injectors and it made a very nice "seat of the pants" difference. More so than the injectors by themselves IMHO.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by JIT
Good point! I tried the smarty after I had injectors and it made a very nice "seat of the pants" difference. More so than the injectors by themselves IMHO.
Well I have the stock turbo and injection pump but i have the fass is that gonna be alright runnin injectors and the smarty if i choose to go with that
Old 03-03-2008, 03:49 PM

try injectors first. skip the smarty and look for a used turbo. then a smarty. the smarty will make your truck feel faster but it will have less total hp on a dyno if stacked with a box with added timing
Old 03-03-2008, 03:52 PM
JIT

Originally Posted by Cole_56
Well I have the stock turbo and injection pump but i have the fass is that gonna be alright runnin injectors and the smarty if i choose to go with that
Yep, you'll have a ton of smoke but it is managable. I am running the Adrenaline now on the Stock turbo but when running the Juice w/att & Smarty stacked I could drive around smoke free if I just turn the fueling down on the Edge. OR I could black out the road behind me if I turn everything up! The Smarty pulled hard from the bottom end and the Edge picked-up from Mid to top. It will keep your truck at peak HP longer than just the Injectors and Edge.

Once you have all the fueling of those three you'll need a Turbo to keep it all cool! If not you may run into EGT issues. Its all give and take but most of us end up at the same place when all is said and done! I am in the market for a Turbo but its not a nessesity.