Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

EDM injectors

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 07:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EDM injectors

Hey guys just a formal post I have now since installed Don M's EDM injectors! All the injectors cam packaged accordingly in a timely fashon. I received them in perfect condition and all ready to install then came with O-rings and copperwashers as all injectors should however I some how got a set one time that didn't &gt; anyways enough about that! The install went perfectly and everything went togeather nicely! My opinion this far is only in garage My truck does not leave its cosey home until spring.<br><br>My truck started as usual and run rough for about 45 seconds then smoothened out. The very first thing I noticed was the engine idle's much much smoother less knocking and rattling. You will notice this right off the hop it runs alot smoother. Giving it a few shots in the garage I also noticed it seems to Rev alot faster I mean alot compared to before! I have also noticed that as before if I did this with my regular stage 2's that I would get a huge puff of black smoke with the EDM's I get just a slight greay haze not even really smoke so they do smoke less so far. I am happy with them thus far and drooling at the chance to get them on the open road. I will return with more info when it becomes availabe.<br><br>Till then Im happy with these preliminary results!
Old 03-05-2003, 02:17 PM

Re:EDM injectors

What kinda of power increase should these have over the DD2's you took out?
Old 03-05-2003, 07:12 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Mach 2's add 30HP and over 70lb ft of TQ over a set of DD2's. This is at the top of the power curves and very conservative on a ETC truck. The hidden benefit is the speed at which the TQ comes on. In dyno testing we saw a TQ gain in the lower RPM bands of over 120lb ft at certain rpm ranges.<br><br>They also have a lower smoke/soot level.<br><br>Don~<br><br><br><br>
Old 03-05-2003, 07:28 PM

And I like em! Im happy with Don's Claims so far I have not road tested but I have no reason at all to doubt Don's word! I trust the man very well and value his opinions. I can say it again I noticed smoother idle with less knocking and a faster revving engine on the stand anyways.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:08 PM

Don,<br>Please relieze that I am NOT trying to learn your tricks because they are yours, but with the power level being more, is most of your gain in power in the flow rates, or spray angles? Do these flow more then............., say a DD2 injector, even though the power is closer to a DD3?<br><br>
Old 03-06-2003, 07:08 AM

Thats interesting I have noticed something on my FP gauge but Im not saying what unless its alright with Don this is only at idle mind you.
Old 03-06-2003, 10:44 AM
DTR Advertiser

Black smoke is somewhat of an indicator of how much unburned fuel you have. This is an oversimplified statement, but is close enough. In most cases more black smoke means less efficiency with all things being equal in the engine. <br><br>Of course how and why they more efficient is not something I chose to discuss.<br><br>A DD2 is IMO the best honed injector you can purchase. The EDM injector uses a different method to make the power.<br>The EDM injector cost more money because the amount of labor involved to build them.<br><br>Don~<br><br><br><br>
Old 03-06-2003, 11:05 AM

The misconception that overfueling producing black smoke is the appearance of power has existed since the beginning of &quot;jacked&quot; up diesels in trucks. I had a Silver 92 that someone had put 125 injectors into and never under any condition stopped producing some black smoke. Replaced them with 98 12 hole injectors and dynoed it to find that with the extra atomization from the smaller injectors produced way more power and No black smoke pulling hard ( 436rwhp at1850/541rwhp at 2350). I know that Dons injectors cost more but eventually would like to try some in an equivelant to DD1's or 275's for a cleaner burn while pulling my trailer enhanced by Edge EZ. I dont expect increased fuel milage with an injector like this empty but under consistant pulling load should result in better towing fuel milage and performance. Unburned fuel is detrimental to an engine used for longevity and this deterioration increases under steady heavy pulling conditions. PK
Old 03-06-2003, 12:48 PM

I dunno Im always out to try new things guys bite the bullet and buy Don's injectors! They look great and smoke less then my stage 2's before at idle.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:20 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

[quote author=Jamie Attridge link=board=7;threadid=11807;start=0#112445 date=1046976510]<br>I dunno Im always out to try new things guys bite the bullet and buy Don's injectors! They look great and smoke less then my stage 2's before at idle.<br>[/quote]<br><br>They work real nice with a Scotty Air System too. 8)<br><br>The real world tests like pulling a trailer or doing a sled pull or drag racing is a far better way to see how any product performs as opposed to some of the dyno queens out there posting roller numbers that may give a baseline but they[some] do miss out on 'real world stresses and performance.<br>A good example is how the Scotty Air works...push your truck down the road and you will see that the way its designed will give far more benefit and seat of the pants performance then sitting on a static dyno.<br><br>I really want to go off on a tirade here about ignorance, naysayers and reverse engineering. nuff said. <br><br>It sure impresses me how folks pioneer products...that takes a lot of time and money as well as trial and error.<br><br>The work that Don and others have done to produce a product and/or constantly refine it is awesome.<br>Knowledge is costly.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:30 PM

I think that a little competition is good it strives to make better products! I myself have seen this in the car audio industry for years! Anyways I think its great Guys Like scotty and Don breathe new life into our hobbies by innovating new products! I like the idea of the EDM's and after looking them over and installing them I feel they will replace the injectors we all buy today. Who wouldn't want more power less smoke combination?
Old 03-06-2003, 04:51 PM
Banned

Me. I want more power AND smoke. ;D
Old 03-06-2003, 06:13 PM

[quote author=BigBlue link=board=7;threadid=11807;start=0#112520 date=1046991078]<br>Me. I want more power AND smoke. ;D<br>[/quote]<br><br>make that 2!!!
Old 03-06-2003, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

BigBlue and TxDieselKid:<br><br>You can have some of my &quot;extra&quot; black smoke!! <br>I have enough to go around!! ;D<br><br>-------<br>John_P
Old 03-06-2003, 08:07 PM

The smoke will reveal itself when you goto the Mach 4 and higher. Still waiting for winter to disappear before I can try them at the track.

Quick Reply: EDM injectors