Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Edge Products

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Edge Products

[quote author=farmer dave link=board=7;threadid=22344;start=0#msg210233 date=1069008428]
Have you heard of anyone having problems with there digital gauges if they are part of the power box? thanks
[/quote]

Im not sure hwhat you are talking about....I have yet to see a fuel box that incorporates a fuel pressure guage...where are you getting this from?? Are you taking about the bluchip F.M.S.??
Old 11-16-2003, 11:35 PM

I am talking about any type of fueling box. I was just wondering if anyone has had problems with a bad unit or something?
Old 11-17-2003, 10:46 AM

The FMS box monitors fuel pressure. As far as i know, it doesn't come right out and tell you what the reading is. Its basically for the box, so it doesn't starve you pump for fuel. As for problems, i cant answer that.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:22 PM

Not sure what box it was i couldnt find , but i know one of them said they had an option to change for a FP guage, but heres what they say about the bluechip, i believe it does have a timmer box in it

The F.M.S. also has the ability to control fueling curves for street or drag mode, defueling for EGT'S temp 800-1300 Deg's, 3 level timing box settings, 5 smoke level settings, Max values screen, records temp, boost, rpm (value's can be reset at any time). Automatic low fuel pressure warning and more, in diagnostics with auto on and the ability to fine tune fuel curve and parameter settings.
Old 11-17-2003, 01:58 PM

[quote author=Mudinford link=board=7;threadid=22344;start=15#msg210542 date=1069087569]
As far as i know, it doesn't come right out and tell you what the reading is.[/quote]

It does.

IT can display Boost presssure, RPM, Fuel Pressure, and EGT. Maybe more, but that's what I know it can display.

Merrick
Old 11-17-2003, 03:05 PM

Awe heck...here is the flash demo for the dang thing...this should tell everything! haha....

http://www.bluechipdiesel.com/flash/default.htm
Old 11-17-2003, 11:13 PM

Mudinford, Great link.

I've always liked Chip's Website. The page with the information regarding the VP44 is a must read article.

Merrick
Old 11-18-2003, 10:22 AM

....is it weird the more i play with the Flash Demo....my computer seems to get faster and faster??????
Old 11-18-2003, 08:48 PM

So the blue chip can display what I want but is it really worth the money? ??? I mean it costs alot for a mod. And Mudinford, why don't you like your edge box?
Old 11-19-2003, 09:46 AM

Location: Drive till ya hit a Polar Bear, then go back 50 miles

As a side note to this thread: Check with Blue Chip to see how they are reading fuel pressure. If they include a sending unit, then this is just fine, but if they are reading the fuel pressure from the CANBUS or the VP44 sensor, don't even bother with the option as its completely useless. We've never been able to draw a direct comparison between the CANBUS pressure readings and the lift pump fuel pressure, and even Dodge themselves no longer use their scanner fuel pressure readings due to inaccuracy.

Rod
Old 11-19-2003, 10:36 AM

They send a drilled and taped banjo bolt with a sending unit with the box to read fuel pressure. So all is good there.

I had an Edge box, yes. Did i want to give it up? No. I work at a high performance diesel shop and we have a tendency to run stuff on our own trucks to see first hand how this stuff works in real life, not on paper. So we can see what to carry and what’s not worth our time. It just came time to wing the box off my truck and send it to the track to race if you catch my drift. Also i want a little more as well. The Drag Comp or Blue Chips box is what I'm set on. Even the Blue Chips APB with a timing box of some sorts would even do. I am 5 months new to this stuff and learning more each day! Talk about job satisfaction!

Also, benefit of the Blue Chips box is that you don’t have to run gauges if you don’t mind that square thing in your face. It does have a safety net built in to defuel at preset high EGT's. That would save you about $300-$400 right there in the cost of gauges and install. My 2.....
Old 11-19-2003, 10:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually I think the problem is the isolators self-destructing that some use with a mechanical gauge.
Stainless Steel Braided line Engine to Gauge for 2 1/2 years, No Leaks :P
Old 11-20-2003, 01:27 PM

so mudinford, you are trying to say that a blue chip is a better choice then a EZ or comp box? Is it really better to have your gauges tied into your box?
Old 11-20-2003, 02:15 PM

Brother, its all you want to get out of your truck. I look at the gauges being in the expensive box as actually buying more than one item if you catch my drift. Kinda a 2 for 1 deal. You spend the extra cash for the gauges and box. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the EZ module at all! I loved the thing. We just had to sell it. AND i got a habit of wanting bigger and better. The Blue Chips box is HIGH END. The EZ is more moderate. That is what i think and the reason for my rhyme.....
Old 11-20-2003, 10:20 PM

I did a lot of looking into the blue chips box, and after an hour or two on the phone I found out that the fuel pressure it reads only tells you it's low when it gets to two lbs. or below. People will argue day and night weather or not that is hard on the VP-44, that I don't know.
Heath

Quick Reply: Edge Products