Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Edge Juice or Quadzilla Adrenaline

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by braxton357
I swapped my juice/attitude for an adr/pulse. I'm still on the fence about which I prefer. Edge was far smoother, had a better monitor, better harness and instructions (who uses those anyway). Downsides are that the edge isn't updatable at all, they don't have any presence here on the boards or in the diesel scene in general as far as I've seen and the real reason I got rid of it was the fact that they're going to try and charge me $100 to use a program that's already in my **** computer to fully use the edge. Pisses me off. The adr as far as I'm concerned is still in testing. The monitor doesn't work at times. It's hit or miss whether you can update it from your computer. There is no working fp sender still. Bucking at part throttle, rough defueling and popping. That being said, it is updateable and quad gives free "***** to the wall" tunes on their site. And powerwise, just running the edge w/o a smarty...it definitely puts out more power. Pricewise, it's the better choice for sure (esp vs an edge and smarty combo).
If you're running huge injectors thats why you're having those defueling issues. Quad has separate tunes for large injector folks that should run much better for you. If you don't, then ignore everything I said
Old 07-25-2008, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by xtoyz17
My vote is for adrenaline. In response to the "whatever you own is what they'll say is best". That's not necessarily true. LOTS of people jumped ship from Edge and/or Smarty and are tons happier.
right so it is true cause now they own quad and would sya it was best! But sometimes its just the truck doesnt like it or your driving conditions dont like it! Almost every chip/progammer here is worth what they charge, its just a matter of what you want and how your truck takes it! Your quad has electronic parts in it right, well at any time it could go bad and you could get another with bad internals making you think it is crap but then someone else buys one and its the best thing in the world! All im saying is with all these performance parts we are peeing in the wind at someone else mercy. Now what makes the company is how they deal with your service! Edge has been great to me an i still have mine. If i ever out grow it ill jump ship to a smarty or something else and i will still recommend edge to anyone! Thats my point xtoyz17 I just dont like people to down or say another product is better when they havent tryed the rest, they just base it on what others say.!
Old 07-25-2008, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by dropped2500
right so it is true cause now they own quad and would sya it was best! But sometimes its just the truck doesnt like it or your driving conditions dont like it! Almost every chip/progammer here is worth what they charge, its just a matter of what you want and how your truck takes it! Your quad has electronic parts in it right, well at any time it could go bad and you could get another with bad internals making you think it is crap but then someone else buys one and its the best thing in the world! All im saying is with all these performance parts we are peeing in the wind at someone else mercy. Now what makes the company is how they deal with your service! Edge has been great to me an i still have mine. If i ever out grow it ill jump ship to a smarty or something else and i will still recommend edge to anyone! Thats my point xtoyz17 I just dont like people to down or say another product is better when they havent tryed the rest, they just base it on what others say.!
Bad electronics? Sure. My adrenaline has fried itself twice...Do I still recommend Quadzilla? Absolutely! Wanna know why? I threw a fit because I was waiting for parts for my brand new out of the box Adrenaline to get repaired. You know what Quad did? He pulled the box out of his personal truck and next day aired it to me as soon as he found out about my issues.

Because of my "hassle" they made me part of the beta program.

I'll melt ten of these things before I go to another brand....FYI, they melted from what I believe was user error, not box defects...
Old 07-25-2008, 11:07 PM

Edge did the same for a friend and I. Upgraded my J/A for 50 bucks cause it was really old and i bought it used. My buddy broke his fuel pressure sending unit when installing it they sent him one free. My switch broke for my ez box from excessive use, they didnt care why they sent me a new one no charge! Back to my point, you recommend only what you have! I recommend any of them! So im done fighting with you, sorry to highjack the thread. Like ive said in each post they are both good boxes, buy one and be happy your not driving your truck stock any more!