Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Edge Juice

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Juice

I just bought an edge juice with the attitude monitor. Does any body kno how hard it is to install? Im a master tech and own my own shop im just curios on how long it will take and whats involved. If i run it on the 40 horse setting will my tranny die? I got 50k on the truck and it shifts great very firm. 1 other question, why is my truck smoking when i get on it i kno its cool
but a stock truck shouldn't should it? Thanx

Paul
Old 05-17-2006, 08:22 AM

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
I thought the install was very easy. I already had gauges so the install was very easy (all I had to do for the sensors install was pull the old and insert the new). Well under an hour for me. If you dont already have gauges it will certainly take longer as you will have to drill and tap for the pyro but not hard to do.
The fuel pressure sender will be easy even without a previous pressure gauge as a tapped banjo bolt is included. The trans temp sender is easy as well. If you use their suggested location just make sure not to screw it in too far as there is a piston in that location. Otherwise just tee into the hot line for the cooler your preference as to how you do that. Tapping the VP pump wire is not difficult either and with the posi tap connector they use it is a good connection. I added some length to the ground wire provided to make it easier for me to connect it to the battery. The two electrical(power) connections needed are also easy and the necessary hardware is included for the tapping of exisiting circuits. (one is for power for the unit, under the hood and the other is for the turbo timer, inside the cab). If I recall the remaining connections are just a couple of plugs that you simply plug in.

The instructions are pretty good and straightforward. Also this is assumming you have an 01 like your name would suggest, no sig so not sure on that.

As far as the tranny well who knows some seem to last pretty good and others dont. I think with just 40 extra ponies you should be ok but again who knows. I can say my tranny lasted with an ez and 275 injectors for 110k. It was not toast at that time and was in fact still working fine. However I was going to start towing much heavier so I went ahead and had it beefed up at that time.