Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Edge Jammer Nozzles

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 07:06 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Jammer Nozzles

Well, more confusion in my wee little brain. Was talking to a guy about injectors, turbos, on and on and he suggested some edge nozzles, cheaper than buying the whole injector, by a lot! So I have been talking about the edge comp in the spring, but talked to a friend who works at a dodge dealer about the "chips" and he said everytime to reprogram the ecm it resets the run hours to zero, so he said it's pretty easy to figure out what's going on and he also said dodge, or DCX are becoming some real bungholes over warranty and he is seeing they are denying a lot more claims.

So, I thought I can wait on the edge and go with the edge nozzles, I would just have to take care of any injector problems on my own. But that would be a lot harder for them to figure out for any minor things. I am looking at the stage 3 or stage 4 nozzles, 100hp/125hp. I'm leaning towards the 125's for obvious reasons......MORE POWER AHGGGG!!! I'm also gonna go with the FASS system. If later, I add on a edge comp with say, stage 4 nozzles is the FASS 95 gallon per hour gonna supply enough fuel, I guess will it be big enough or do I need the 150/hour? After my nozzles, the edge comp, FASS there will be a turbo, if needed and of course a clutch and this is where I'll put on the brakes. So will the 95gpm FASS be enough? The nozzles won't cause any ill affects? Even if I go with the stage 4's?? Like I said, wanting to get around 425 ponies, a little more is ok, but that is my goal. I know, my thoughts on the performance side change like the weather in Tennessee, but the nozzles at $270 are far better than injectors at $800-900. Will leave a bit more for future turbo, clutch...well you get the idea.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:20 PM

I just went thru exactly what you are feeling, the need for more power. I drove my truck for 7 years stock (only guages and lift pump mods), and just recently I added power upgrades.

You already have the guages to support mods, I'm not sure if you really need a Fass, I think there are alot of guys here that just run a good fuel pump mounted down low on the frame as a pusher (Holley blue, walbro) and get rid of every banjo fitting in the fuel system and add high flow AN-to-metric fittings, with a minimum of 3/8 fuel line from the tank to the VP44.

I know one thing, I tried not to believe the guys here about clutch slippage after mods. I convinced myself it would only happen after a mod like a TST or Comp box. NOT!. After installing just Jammer 3 nozzles, my clutch was [I]straining[I] but now after adding a simple 65hp timing box, forget it, 4th and 5th gear you have to stay wayyyy out of the throttle, especially on hills, slips bigtime.

Get a clutch, period, like everyone here says. If you are going 125 nozzles and a fueling box, holy moly I can only imagine how bad it will slip.

As far as warranty goes, if you really worry about warranty, you should not mod your rig until after the warranty is expired. My $.02. Hope it helps.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:29 PM
Banned

I have Jammer IV's and with the edge juice on 3-3 could punch it and spin the stock clutch in 3rd gear from a 30 mph start. You'll need a clutch. The jammers definately make a difference in the seat of your pants, not as much I'm sure as Machs, but who can afford them? They smoke like a freightrain and idle a wee bit rough at times. Other than that, you'll like them. I did a Vulcan big line relo kit have plenty of fuel for my bigger turbo. Theres $.01. Maybe it will help you make some decision.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:01 PM

if you look around a little you can find the nozzles already installed and pop tested for the same price as what most people sell just the nozzles for. This is what I did. PM me if you are interested and i'll try to find the website for you.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by blueandsilver02
if you look around a little you can find the nozzles already installed and pop tested for the same price as what most people sell just the nozzles for. This is what I did. PM me if you are interested and i'll try to find the website for you.

I would be interested in seeing that website if you can find it.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:33 PM

Try www.citydiesel.net

That's where I got mine. The tips are already installed and tested on the injector body and the price is great. Some say the power isn't as much as advertised so you might want to go with the stage 5's. I have the 5's and idle is great and the power is great but I haven't put them on the dyno.

I think these injectors have the post power for the money out there.

Brad

Originally Posted by Pinkston
I would be interested in seeing that website if you can find it.