Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

edge EZ worth it or not need some feedback

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 03:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Having owned the EZ for almost two years, here are my opinions....

1) the EZ uncorks the engine and can really wake things up

2) Once you've installed injectors, the EZ doesn't seem to be NEARLY as big a kick.

3) I'd recommend now either an adjustable fueling box (that connects to the injection pump wire), or just a simple boost fooler and larger injectors before I recommended the EZ. A TST box or Edge Comp are the way to go, even if you plan to mostly run injectors, because YOU CAN TURN THEM OFF.

4) Injectors are now my favorite bomb. Yes, they are always on, but it's pretty easy to recalibrate your foot. After a while, it feels just like stock, only more of it.

In order of my bomb recommendations:
-- injectors, even 275s or similar small ones
-- boxes
-- whatever it takes to run those injectors or boxes... (clutch, exhaust, etc etc..)

Finally, it's not QUITE accurate to say that the EZ adds timing and fueling. It can't add fueling without tapping into the injection pump wire. It can only change the fueling curve withing stock limits. So while it can "Add" fuel to a portion of the curve that is below the ECM's peak, it cannot exceed this ECM limit.

The majority of the EZ's power comes from timing, not the fueling curve manipulation.

Justin
Old 10-05-2004, 05:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sure that's what Jerry (Phox) was saying..and I felt sure he knew how the EZ works. Just thought his description might be misunderstood by some readers..... and, after all, if the EZ adds fuel earlier, where there was less fuel before... isn't that added fueling??
In all honesty, I did not know most of the power came from timing. Thanks Justin.

RJ
Old 10-05-2004, 06:29 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just didn't want to confuse the original poster with the technicals.

Yes, the EZ is a timing and minor fueling box.
Mainily timing, little bit o' added fuel.

phox
Old 10-05-2004, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for all the replies. Sounds like just what i want at a decent price to get me started.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I tend to think of the EZ as converting the fueling curve to a fueling plateau. Instead of ramping in fuel with RPM (as the ECM would), just takes the highest amount of fuel the ECM will allow and makes it available across the rpm range.

Sorry if I was snooty