Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

edge ez with stock exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2004, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question edge ez with stock exhaust

Hi new guy here. i have 01 3/4 dodge 5 speed. going to install edge ez with stock exhaust. will i still make good power also will my egts be to high.plans are to go with 4in later.or maybe aircleaner first. Dont know need alot of help!!
Old 02-29-2004, 05:06 PM
DPG

old green:

Welcome to the site. You will find a lot of good information here. You will like the extra power from the EZ, it really wakes up the CTD. As far as the EGT's go, get a pyrometer. The only sure way to tell is to use gauges. Any time you mod an engine, the first mod should be gauges, IMHO. Stock exhaust systems are good up to about 350 horsepower. Beyond that you need larger. If the only thing you are going to add is an EZ, you might want to rethink the exhaust. I use a BHAF (big honkin' air filter) in place of the stock air box. (see the Tech Facts section) I have mild injectors along with the EZ, and there have been situations where I have had to back out of the go-pedal because of rising EGT's beyond the safe point.

DeWain
Old 02-29-2004, 05:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
As stated above, install the gauges first. To make it even more interesting drive around a few days and watch how the gauges react to different load situations. Install the EZ and elbow and drive away!! I have an ez on my 01 and it was a very nice add on. It's really noticeable in the lower rpm range.
Old 02-29-2004, 05:55 PM

I'll second that DPG, gauges are a must. With an EZ, you should get the pyro, boost, and fuel pressure gauges to monitor your rig. There is a wealth of knowledge on this site, so feel free to ask away.

Welcome and good luck.

Hunter
Old 03-01-2004, 11:17 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The Edge EZ will LOWER exhuast temps on an otherwise stock truck, more so on an ETH truck.

No need for larger exhaust until your up near 370rwhp.

I run stock intake AND exhaust with an EZ and DD2s-- dynoed 390rwhp (but I feel that's high and it's closer to 350hp).

Hohn
Old 03-01-2004, 12:41 PM

When I first put the EZ on my '01, it ran just fine.

However, getting rid of the restrictive factory air filter for a BHAF, and removing the restrictive muffler (leave the resonator in) it ran GREAT!

Like everyone else has said, get the gauges first....