Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Edge EZ install??

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Edge EZ install??

I have seached and can't find the answer.
I have the Edge EZ for my 98.5. I have plugged in the triangle plug, but what is the other "pigtail" plug used for? Do I just cap it off,or does it go some where?

The instructions also show 3 different settings. Is there a way to adjust it?

Thanks
Doug
Old 05-20-2004, 03:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Edge EZ has 3 plugs. 2 plugs are on one of the leads - these 2 plugs go in series with the MAP (manifold air pressure) sensor and harness. Unplug the factory harness plug from the MAP sensor, then plug one of the EZ plugs onto the MAP sensor and the other EZ plug into the factory MAP harness plug. The EZ plugs are opposite gender - they can only plug in one way.

The other EZ plug goes to the CANbus (Controller Area Network bus) diagnostic plug. On my 2002 truck, this diagnostic plug was tucked behind the wiring harness that runs low on the driver's side of the block between the fuel filter and the VP-44. It took me an hour to find it! Your location will probably be different on a 1998.5 - the Edge instructions should give you a hint regarding location. Unplug the "dummy" plug from the CANbus socket and plug in the EZ's plug.

The adjustments on the EZ are made behind the end cover that's secured by 2 allen head bolts. Remove the cover with the Edge Products label on the case facing up, and you will see a jumper and 3 sets of pins. The EZ ships with the jumper on the "hot" (earliest fueling) setting on the far right set of pins. The middle set of pins is the medium setting, and the leftmost set of pins is the mildest (latest fueling) setting.

Rusty
Old 05-20-2004, 04:25 PM

Rusty, thanks for the info. That helps a lot. I will check it out tonight.
I think I am going to be in trouble with mods. I know my wife won't be happy.

Doug
Old 05-20-2004, 10:18 PM
DRD

Your other plug in is down towards your powers steering pump....
Old 05-21-2004, 09:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rusty

Glad to hear I wasn't as stupid as I thought. Took me a loooong time to find the Data Port hook up also. Actually I found it earlier but no one (the directions) mentioned it had a dust cover (dummy plug) on it that has to come off to allow the 3? pronged EZ plug to slide in.

SNUG - Be advised, if yours has the same set up!
Rowland