Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Edge Ez or Edge Comp

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Ez or Edge Comp

Well guys I have been doing a lot of research and I am mind set on a edge product.. But I'm not too sure which one would be better for me.. I plan on keeping the stock transmission for a while until I can save up some money to upgrade it. Also I don't want to tap the pump wire because of my auto transmission.. I use the truck as a daily driver driving about 50miles a day. And on occasions drive 2-3 hrs towing 4 quads & coolers to go camping. I like the ability to adjust the levels with the comp.. But I also have a few questions about the comp..

1. If the pump wire is not tapped do the other levels even make any difference? (Ex. Levels 2-5)

2. And if they do make a difference is it really noticeable w/o it tapped?
Old 07-24-2005, 08:03 PM

Get the COMP

Just run it in EZ mode(Without tapping the pump wire).

From what I've read it just makes power come one sooner when in the higher levels.

I was going to get the COMP, but decided I wouldn't have the willpower to leave it in EZ mode, would probably tap the pump wire, and burn up my clutch.

I'm waiting to get a South Bend clutch and injectors. Then I may upgrade to the COMP.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:49 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Get the Comp.....as Glenn explained, you can leave it in EZ mode until you are ready for more power and adjustability.

Glenn,

FWIW, my stock clutch holds the Comp on 5x5 just fine.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get the Comp. I too, had to make this decision a while back and I'm glad I went with the Comp.
FWIW, I tapped the wire after running EZ mode for a week or so. This was last Oct. IIRC.

I just had the tranny done 2 weeks ago.

If you can hold off on tapping the wire you'll be fine.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
go for the comp. more flexiblity, if u want more power its a tap away
Old 07-25-2005, 10:13 AM
Banned

engcogod,

The guys are right, we advise all customers that call us about an EZ to look at getting the Comp if they ever feel they will want more HP down the road, it saves them the cost of purchasing again down the road etc. Call us if you have any questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI
Old 07-25-2005, 10:17 AM

Re: Edge Ez or Edge Comp

Originally posted by engcogod
Well guys I have been doing a lot of research and I am mind set on a edge product.. But I'm not too sure which one would be better for me.. I plan on keeping the stock transmission for a while until I can save up some money to upgrade it. Also I don't want to tap the pump wire because of my auto transmission.. I use the truck as a daily driver driving about 50miles a day. And on occasions drive 2-3 hrs towing 4 quads & coolers to go camping. I like the ability to adjust the levels with the comp.. But I also have a few questions about the comp..

1. If the pump wire is not tapped do the other levels even make any difference? (Ex. Levels 2-5)

2. And if they do make a difference is it really noticeable w/o it tapped?
Yes you can set the sub level on the positon second to five, anbd you end getting performance like 1x5 and then set level 1 on 2 and you got to choices and gives you 1x2. Sublevel five give more fuel earler. I drove mine that way for year, as I like you, did have an auto that could take it. Those two setting seem to be about the maximum range without tapping the wire. It also nice you can turn it off when you need to.

Joe
Old 07-25-2005, 10:38 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Live and learn. I had an EZ and sold it.

I will probably end up with a Comp.

The Comp will do everything the EZ will, PLUS (and it's a huge plus) you can adjust it from the cab.

To me, the in-cab adjustability alone is reason enough to get the Comp.

Never mind the extra 80hp or so