Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Edge EZ or Banks Mods?? need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2002, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge EZ or Banks Mods?? need help

I am new to all this diesel stuff and have been learning all I can of this site and others. I recently purchased a 2000 3/4T Ram, long bed,QC,with 6sp. I am going to add gauges and mod box. The local diesel shop I have been dealing with is pushing Banks equipment but said he would match anyones price and install Edge products if thats what I wanted. My question is simple, I need some feed back on these items so I can make my decision. The Edge site boasts a bit higher HP and Torque increases but the mechanic I'm working with seems to prefer Banks as he feels they address the &quot;more air to go along with more fuel&quot; issue better with their upgrade systems. I don't know much about anything so I feel vulnerable on this one and need some good user feed back. Pricing for either system will end up about the same after all work is done. I assume that Banks is his main upgrade venue so he probably has finacial issues with using their products. However, as I stated above, he will gladly install Edge equipment if thats what I want and feel's he can be competitive $$$.<br> Are true HP and Torque increases close to what the mfgs. contend on their web sites with any of this mod stuff?? Thanks for shedding any light you can.. RJ in Montana...
Old 12-26-2002, 11:46 AM

Re:Edge EZ or Banks Mods?? need help

RJ,<br><br>In my opinion, Banks does make some good products, but, they are waaaay overpriced. For the 24V trucks, the Edge EZ is pretty much the standard for mild HP upgrade boxes and does exactly what everyone claims it will (+60 hp and 180 TQ). Personally, I don't think that a Banks product can compete to produce that HP/TQ improvement for the money spent. As for the air &amp; fuel issue, the EZ style boxes are available with a boost elbow to raise the boost level to keep your EGTs down. Most people commonly report that their EGTs are actually lower with the EZ box as opposed to stock. The box is also a simple two plug install and requires no wire cutting or tampering in case your warranty should be a concern. Hope this helps.<br><br>John
Old 12-26-2002, 11:49 AM

Funny- the diesel shop in my neck of the woods only knows Banks also.... Must be a Mt. thing :<br>Since it's pretty apparent that you don't want to build a hotrod, Buy the Edge EZ. ANYONE with an ounce of mechanical ability can install this box. If you can sharpen a pencil, you can put this in. I had one, loved it, but wanted more. I sold it to a guy that pulls horses. He absolutely loves the box. Every time I see him at work he tells me his latest pulling story. So, I say... Get some gauges and an Ez then you'll be ;D ;D from ear to ear.
Old 12-26-2002, 07:17 PM

Do it right the first time.<br><br>Get the Edge EZ, a BHAF filter (napa #2790) $550 and you'll have 230hp at the ground and about 500+ ft lbs.<br><br>--Justin