Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

edge ez

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edge ez

I'm thinking about buying a used edge ez just to hold me over until the Quad Adrenaline is finished and I can afford one. Will my stock clutch be ok with one of these? What kind of mileage gains do most guys see from these? I put a SO pump on my truck with plans of ending up around 550hp someday, and I'm having a hard time dealing with the drop in power right now since I'm still stock. I'm looking at this mainly for the little extra boost and power and fuel mileage. I've been seeing them on ebay for around $150...is that a descent price? I'll probably sell it once I get the quad module. Also, do they come with a boost elbow, and do they do boost fooling?
Old 11-21-2007, 09:12 PM

they do boost fooling, and thats a fair price. they originally came with a boost elbow, if it will used, who knows? you will just have to ask for it from the person your buying it from. as far as clutch, you should be just fine with the ez...i have had one on both my trucks, and i liked them alot, quite a bit difference in power..only reason i got rid of this current one is because i wanted something bigger and wanted to sell it while it was still worth something, before the quad box came out.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:05 AM

I started out with an EZ on my stock HO. But hauling and towing heavy it started my clutch slipping and I had to put a South Bend in it. Especially blasting up freeway on ramps to merge into high speed traffic.

From what I understand, the EZ gets more power out of an SO VP-44 than an HO version. Even though you don't haul/tow heavy, your clutch might be in danger...

They do boost fooling, timing advance, and come with an elbow- make sure you get the elbow or get one from Edge.
As for better fuel mileage- ONLY if you can keep from making black smoke!

JMO
Old 11-22-2007, 11:07 AM

I ran an Edge EZ(alone) for about 8 months and was able to slip my stock clutch a few times... it wasn't anything major but when we installed some injectors and put in a SBC ConOFE, there was definitely some wear and tear on the stock disc but the flywheel looked fine.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:06 PM

well, I'm hoping to do a clutch this spring, but I'm not planning on towing anything for quite sometime, so I should be ok there. With fuel prices the way they are now, I've become pretty good at keeping my foot out of it so hopefully I'll see a mileage gain.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:19 PM

I've been running one for over a year now. No mileage gain. No mileage drop though either, and more power. Win-win in my books.

My truck is an auto, and my trans has been fine, no issues at all.