Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Edge Drag Comp vs. TST COMP

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 08:22 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
In my case, with the PM3 Comp, stacked with EZ on the lowest jumper setting, I was in the 12's at the drag strip. Since I installed the Drag Comp I have not seen better than low 13's. I suppose this can be attributed to different trucks act different with various boxes. I have tried to install the Smarty, as I have heard such good things about it, but the programmer would not even talk to my 99, and tech support wasn't much help. Fortunately I had not bought it, but was trying to test it.

Chris
Old 06-22-2007, 08:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by paulb
..And yes... Consistency is much more important to me then fast E.T.'s. As much as I like going fast, I like winning better!
Paul
Good Read ...and important for those asking questions here to realize you're Bracket Racing!

For those of us most interested in a daily driver... with occasional play time at the track, the prefered choice may be different.... and most likely won't be the Redline box.
I love my Smarty/TST stack but so many as equally happy with the Drag Comp (which I've never tried) that I assume it's hard to make a bad choice between the two.

RJ
Old 06-22-2007, 09:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RowJ
Good Read ...and important for those asking questions here to realize your Bracket Racing!

For those of us most interested in a daily driver... with occasional play time at the track, the prefered choice may be different.... and most likely won't be the Redline box.
I love my Smarty/TST stack but so many as equally happy with the Drag Comp (which I've never tried) that I assume it's hard to make a bad choice between the two.

RJ
Thanks RJ, I forget that people don't realize that I bracket race. I agree, that the Redline box is probably not the preferred choice for the street. It drives fine on the street, but the codes get annoying...

Paul
Old 06-22-2007, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm consistent with my TST/EZ stack but staging can be a hassle due to the method that it fuels with. Trying to hold the truck at 15 pounds when your spotting someone can be a heck of a challenge with a TST.
Old 06-22-2007, 07:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the older TST comp my truck would shudder bad , now with the newer comp version theres alot less no were near what is was , and I like the TST over Redlines/Hot Juices and the FMS I do have it stack with the old style power puck just for the added low end

Anybody try a JVD box kinda old school but hard fueling