Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Edge Drag Comp vs. TST COMP

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 04:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Drag Comp vs. TST COMP

Right now i am running a TST COMP on my truck but i am thinking about switching to a Edge Drag Comp. I would like to get everyones opinions on this switch. I am not set on switching yet but just want to see what eveyone thought.
Old 06-19-2007, 04:47 PM

I've got a regular comp and my buddy has a TST Comp (same truck)...I like my Edge over his. JMO
Old 06-19-2007, 07:24 PM
Banned

i would go with the TST comp. i had the drag comp and i made SMOOTH power but i no from the dyno that my TST comp smarty stack made 37hp more than the DRAG smarty did. but then again every truck is different.
Old 06-19-2007, 08:54 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Are you running the TST Comp by itself, or do you have it stacked with another box/programmer to do timing? I've noticed that if I run my TST by itself with no additional timing, the EGTs are much higher and the bottom end is less than desirable. The Edge does both functions, but you may be able to pick up a timing box to stack with your TST, which may outdo the Edge.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:13 PM

Keep the TST. I have ran both. The TST fuels alot harder and pulls better top end. If you have the cash to spend find an EZ to stack with it. Yes yes i know, Smarty is the way to go...but EZ will save you 400 bucks or so. Just my opinion.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:15 PM

My truck runs so much nicer with my Drag Comp than the TST, I can drive around with the box on 5x5 and not even tell its on till I get on the throttle, with the TST Comp anything past level 4 caused shudder, I mean the TST rocked but I like the Comp much better for my style of driving.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by 66fordcrewcab
Right now i am running a TST COMP on my truck but i am thinking about switching to a Edge Drag Comp. I would like to get everyones opinions on this switch. I am not set on switching yet but just want to see what eveyone thought.
You can run the comp in EZ mode with the tst. I think the money would be better spent on some sticks.

Originally Posted by inline6power
i would go with the TST comp. i had the drag comp and i made SMOOTH power but i no from the dyno that my TST comp smarty stack made 37hp more than the DRAG smarty did. but then again every truck is different.
Have you done a run with the drag comp by itself?
Old 06-20-2007, 01:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ph4tty
You can run the comp in EZ mode with the tst. I think the money would be better spent on some sticks.

yes i have ran each one by itself and with the smarty. the TST comp made 17 more than the DRAG comp did by them selfs. with them stacked with the smarty, the TST made 37 more than the DRAG but like i said, everytruck is different becuase i have talked to many people that have dynoed higher with just the DRAG comp alone so it kinda really depends on wheather the truck likes it or not.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ph4tty

yes i have ran each one by itself and with the smarty. the TST comp made 17 more than the DRAG comp did by them selfs. with them stacked with the smarty, the TST made 37 more than the DRAG but like i said, everytruck is different becuase i have talked to many people that have dynoed higher with just the DRAG comp alone so it kinda really depends on wheather the truck likes it or not. i would stil rather have the TST comp becuase the TST comp pulls HAAARD all the way to 3600rpms on my truck as the DRAG was done at 3200rpms.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:55 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Have the PM3 Comp. Had the EZ stacked on it. Great power combo but the shudder is a bit annoying. Tried the Drag Comp. No shudder but not as much power as the TST stack. Now have Drag Comp stacked on PM3 Comp. Drag Comp pulls out a little of the PM3 shudder, and is adjustable to "defuel" at lowest level to keep smoke down (can use level 1-3), which is why I went to the Drag Comp in the first place. This will not concern people that don't have shower-head injectors.

Chris
Old 06-20-2007, 07:55 AM

I've ran the EZ, the Drag Comp, the drag comp with a catcher ecm, the TST Comp, the TST comp with a catcher ecm with timing, and finally the TST Comp/EZ. I like the TST/EZ better than anything I've ran so far but I may try Quad's racebox and see how it does on the dyno and track to compare. The TST/EZ works very well with my Sledpuller 66 and Mach 4 injectors and makes for a truck that is fun to drive and very responsive. And it's getting excellent fuel mileage to boot.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:07 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mcoleman, What jumper setting do you run on the EZ?
Old 06-20-2007, 08:10 AM

I'm running the EZ with the TST/PM3 and the smarty, i have no shudder issues at all, power is awesome, right up until the clutch lets go, so right now the most i have run is 5 on the TST, and 6 on the smarty, temps look good then the clutch goes away, and as i write this the clutch is being replaced with a SB OFE, so hopefully by the end of the day i'll be able to run 9x9!! Just my .02

Capn
Old 06-20-2007, 08:12 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CapnRam, The shudder is more with the Comp. version of the TST PM3.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:27 AM

I run #1 during the hottest part of the summer and then turn it all the way up the rest of the year when heat and humidity isn't such a problem. The dog days around here have humidity levels in the 90s and temps in the high 90s which causes more smoke than I care for. I like to drive clean except when I'm at the track. Turning the jumper down helps a little. Quads new XZT box maybe just what I'm looking for to stack with my TST Comp since it actually has a timing only setting. I could kill the TST on bad days and just run timing with my injectors and probably run clean.

Quick Reply: Edge Drag Comp vs. TST COMP