Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

edge comp problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
edge comp problem

Had been using my edge drag box for the timing end of things with my smarty and fueling was being used by blue chip box. I wanted to see how edge worked with the smarty when it did the fueling so I disconnected the blue box and hooked the pump wire up on the edge, but the comp box does not seem to be fueling hard at all any more any thoughts?
Old 05-19-2007, 12:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ground

Originally Posted by bridleman
Had been using my edge drag box for the timing end of things with my smarty and fueling was being used by blue chip box. I wanted to see how edge worked with the smarty when it did the fueling so I disconnected the blue box and hooked the pump wire up on the edge, but the comp box does not seem to be fueling hard at all any more any thoughts?
Do you have the ground wire in the right spot? I know cause I did it also..
Old 05-19-2007, 12:56 PM

I have it grounded underneath one of the bolts on the intake manifold, I think it's a good ground it wasn't a problem in the past.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:02 PM

Thats what I did,,,

I have it grounded underneath one of the bolts on the intake manifold, I think it's a good ground it wasn't a problem in the past.
I did the same thing,,, I Had to connect it to the ground wire in the IP harness,,I forget what color it was ,,, I think the black wire with the tan Tracer... I did that and mine worked great. Then 3 days later the IP blew up,,,,
Comp is up 4 sale now... hahahahaha

Good luck..
Old 05-19-2007, 01:11 PM

Not sure if I should laugh or get sick at the thought of my IP blowing up Needless to say I'll try it there, because my blue box was already tapped there to I guess I never even thought about it thanks I'll try it out and let you know
Old 05-19-2007, 01:41 PM

Talking Used one

Not sure if I should laugh or get sick at the thought of my IP blowing up Needless to say I'll try it there, because my blue box was already tapped there to I guess I never even thought about it thanks I'll try it out and let you know
The only reason I tapped mine was to see the difference in power,and WOW,,,And,I had a used Injection pump if mine happen to let go,, Sorry to say YES IT DID!!!
BUT it did have 209000 miles on it.The one I put on had 92000 miles on it.

So that was the first time I used my AAA in the 3 years I had it,,,, Flat bed ride home to install the used pump,,Cut pump tap wire,,, Install Dodge performance ECM with catcher software in it,,,Sell comp. Get Rv-275 injectors.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:15 PM

Question Any Difference?

Any Luck Hooking the pump up?