Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

edge comp with injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation edge comp with injectors?

Thought you guys might could tell me if the edge comp has a built in boost fooler.....saw in another post where somebody said that the edge ez has a boost fooler built in it.....Also i was wondering what which injectors would work the best with my set up?? i also tow large loads from time to time....

02 HO 4x4 6spd, edge comp, 5" inch exhuast, pyro and boost guages.
Old 05-25-2004, 12:35 AM

Yes it has a fooler and should come with an elbow.

Someone else should give you injector info. I know RV 275's are mild and tow well. I think there's others that give more power and tow well without too much heat.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:00 PM

I have the 275's and the Edge Comp box and have good luck with towing. Not to mention you can get the 275's cheap enough. (Pd $250 for mine about 4 months ago) They will give you good towing power at cool temps if you keep the box turned down off of 5, and some pep in your step when running empty!!
Old 05-25-2004, 06:41 PM
JR2

If you have not thought about a new clutch, I would before you add injectors or run that comp on the higher settings. Especially since you tow.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:20 PM

Well i thought about a new clutch, but the one i have seems like its handling the comp box just fine....I really shouldnt complain because this truck is pretty impressive with a trailer behind it....especially compared to the powerstroke i traded in
for it.....Maybe ill try some of the 275's....how much horsepower does that add by the way????
Old 05-28-2004, 04:35 PM

i tried dd1s with my comp box and it was too much for me when pulling but was awsume when solo lots of smoke too. the 275s would probably be better
Old 06-15-2004, 08:36 PM

Originally posted by pecandude1
i tried dd1s with my comp box and it was too much for me when pulling but was awsume when solo lots of smoke too. the 275s would probably be better
hey pecandude what do you mean by to much???? high egt's??? Because I was looking at some DD injectors...
Old 06-15-2004, 11:40 PM
JR2

Get some DD2's and turn the comp all the way down to setting one. That is a great towing combo.

You will be getting a new clutch sooner or later, the stock setup can not handle a comp and injectors. To be honest I am surprised it holds a comp box unless you only run on levels 1 or 2.

Good luck.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:25 PM

My clutch held for about 4 or 5 good 5X5 runs then I started getting a very unwanted air freshener scent in the cab.....but man it was fun while it lasted!!!!!! The savings account is almost ready to be emptied on a new south bend shortly.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:33 PM

I like my comp/275 combo .........................

although a comp/DD2 combo would be more fun

heck go for some Formula 1 mach6's
Old 06-21-2004, 04:53 PM

Originally posted by JR2
Get some DD2's and turn the comp all the way down to setting one. That is a great towing combo.

You will be getting a new clutch sooner or later, the stock setup can not handle a comp and injectors. To be honest I am surprised it holds a comp box unless you only run on levels 1 or 2.

Good luck.
I mainly only run it on level 1 or 2 driving or towing....I think i pulled once with it on three...So whats a new clutch to handle the power costing these days???
Old 06-22-2004, 01:13 AM

A new South Bend Clutch (the only kind to get!) runs around $1100 plus $300 Core charge. Well worth it! I tried to go cheap and it ended up costing me.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:52 AM

Received 263 Likes on 235 Posts
Something to be considered is that the HO is likely to blow a head gasket with a box that adds timing and injectors. Injectors work really well with the HO, but since the HO has more timing stock than the SO the combo of an edge comp and injectors can bring you over the edge of what the head gasket will stand. (Even under quite low boost.)

AlpineRAM
Old 06-22-2004, 10:59 AM

Say what? Not to challenge you, AlpineRAM, but I've never seen anyone express concern about the HO headgasket either here or on TDR. Did I overlook something? Standard towing recommendation from Wildcat, City Diesel, etc., is an Edge EZ/RV275 injectors, and watch the clutch because it may or may not go.

Edge Comp -- which you mention -- is not only a timing box but a fueling box. Do you mean that the fueling feature -- pinning the wire to the injector pump -- will bring the compression over what the HO head gasket can tolerate?

For my part, I've had an Edge Pulse, RV275 injectors, and an HX40/35 hybrid turbo installed for many miles, towed all kinds of trailers over all kinds of terrain, 25-30 lbs. boost occasionally, no gasket problems, and I've even managed not to slip my stock clutch. Of course, I don't race. . . .

Not disagreeing with you, but concerned that I may have missed something new. Can you offer anything more?
Old 06-22-2004, 02:56 PM

Alpine,
I too have not seen anything until now about the HO head gasket not holding. I've been researching for quite some time now so I don't get bored too quickly with my upcoming purchases. So far it's looking like MachII's and the Edge Comp.
Please enlighten us if you have any more info about the HO gasket.

Quick Reply: edge comp with injectors?