Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Edge Comp-a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 12:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-does it have an unlimited boost fooler? In other words, can I increase my boost as much as I want as far as the sensor is concerned?

as far as I know it does .......... I'm running 38 lbs on my stock turbo.....no complaints

-has anyone used something different than the Scotchlock for piercing the pump wire? I really don't like those things!(I'd like to stay away from cutting and soldering if possible too)

I'm using a tst powermax grabber ..............30,000km/1yr so far over very rough roads and no problems

PowerMax Grabber

For those who don't want the semi-permanent use of Scotch Lock® connectors, the PowerMax Grabber may be what you're looking for. The PowerMax Grabber goes in place of the blue Scotch Lock® on the injection pump wire and uses a pin ***** type connection that only pierces the bottom side of the insulation on the wire.

-if I don't hook up the pump wire right now, how do I use the control? Can I still punch it up to 3,4, or 5, and not hurt anything?

say what ......not hook up the wire ...man you'll be shortchanging yourself there

you can pick any number you want , but power will stay the same as an edge EZ

-if I want to disconnect it when taking the truck to a dealer, do I have to disconnect the 12 volt power wire too?

what's the piont, they'll probably see your peirced pump wire and void the warrenty anyways

-where are people putting the control, and are you using the supplied velcro?

I put mine on the knee bolster right beside the ashtray like the instructions say

oh yeah I got the grabber and all my stuff actually from www.wildcatdiesel.com .............. they're in nipiwan and rod will treat you right
Old 03-07-2004, 07:54 AM

no pump wire?
oh well
without the pump wire hooked up the different settings won't make a power increase but WILL make it come on sooner, per edges web site
Old 03-07-2004, 08:09 AM

I mounted my drag comp IN the ashtray, it makes for a cool setup, clean look and realy cool when you need to change settings it's like a drop down diesel haywire switch. One thing to mention is you will have to seriously modify the ash tray to get it to work.... but if you don't smoke why not!
Old 03-07-2004, 08:18 AM

seen them mounted on top of the steering column as well.

dont know how well it works as i dont have one yet

just a thought
Old 03-07-2004, 08:38 AM

I have mine mounted on top os the steering column. Makes it easy to get to and read the level.

Mines not tapped either. Waiting to accumulate a little insurance savings if the VP (with 134,000+ miles on it) dies.

Matt