Performance and Accessories 2nd gen only Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for second generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories.

Edge Attitude

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Attitude

Over the weekend, I had the opportunity to see the Edge Attitude in action. For those that don't know, the Attitude is the in cab adjuster for the newer Edge products.

I saw it on my friend's Dollarmax, and here is a quick run-down of what it reads. Boost, EGT (from supplied thermocoupler), Engine Load, Speed (can be corrected for tire size), Engine Temp, Throttle Position (everything that it reads is supplied from the truck's ECM unless otherwise noted). It also has an EGT defuel setting that allows you set when the box will cut fuel based on EGT. On the Juice box that he has, with the Attitude he gets to turn it to level 5 which is something like 140hp (I think), and 250ft-lb (again, I think). It also has a G-Tech type device built in where you can test 0-60 and 1/4 mile times (we didn't have enough road to play with these 2 toys). With the Allison transmisson, he can also toggle the defuel between shifts. It also has a setting for a Low Boost fuel cut to help control smoke at low boost levels. Bear in mind that this was a Dollarmax/Allison combo, so some functionality may be different for the Dodge, but hopefully not.

The unit is clean and neat. The display is simple to read and the sky is the limit on where/how it can be mounted. It comes with some wierd mouting mechanism that I wasn't too keen on, but someone else may like it.

Overall, I'm stoked. I'm pretty sure that it's going to be available for the 3rd gen trucks when they get the box finished. Personally, I can't wait for it. It's the end of all the "where is everyone mounting their gauges" question that lots of 3rd gen owners (myself included) have asked. Now all we have to do is wait. :'(

I'm sure there are some things that it monitors that I've omitted since I only got to read the manual real quickly. Just thought you guys might like to know some about it.
Old 10-26-2003, 06:59 PM

Re:Edge Attitude

[quote author=BIGCUMMINZ link=board=7;threadid=21516;start=0#msg201713 date=1067204771]
great info! how much cash do you think id need to put aside so my wife doesnt know :-X.
[/quote]

Not sure what the price on it is. Hopefully it won't break the bank when adding it to the price of the box. ;D
Old 10-26-2003, 07:29 PM

I think they are round $300 to $350
Old 10-27-2003, 08:58 AM

The D-Max attitude is selling for $300 here. You have to have the Juice too ($749 retail). I have not received any pricing from Edge on the Juice and monitor for the 03 Dodge because they don't have any yet. Should be comparable to the Chevy Juice. It will be a little cheaper if you buy the monitor and the Juice at the same time.